Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Transfer Slow

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it normal that it takes forever to transfer music? 
It keeps showing approx 45 minutes to transfer 10 songs, but then drops, saying Ionic has lost connection. BUT, on the Ionic screen, it shows "Transferring music". 

Normal behaviour??

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I would not call that normal. From reports here, it can be pretty slow to transfer music. Check out the official thread on the subject. It's worth reading the entire thread, as there are many suggestions there.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks. I hadn't seen what was happening here. It took over 2 hours for 11 songs (approx 35 minutes) of music to transfer. It seems the Ionic keeps freezing up - had to ultimately be reset a couple times. Will give another try some other time to see if same thing continues. Just got it today, but have seen a few oddball things like locking up / freezing which I think was causing issues with music.

Best Answer

You think you should be able to do it via the USB charge cable 😞

Best Answer

It's a painfully slow antiquated transfer system that needs to be improved...bluetooth would be faster...Fitbit just doesn't seem to care

Best Answer

It was faster than what you reported, but still extremely slow, reported by app as 20 songs in 10 minutes. Also it seemed to disconnect and have to be reconnected a few times, so took much longer. UGH how can this be so difficult. 

Best Answer

As of that last firmware, which came out in Feb 2018, the transfer is about 5 seconds per 1 minute of song length (to put it simply). So if you have a 5 minute long song, that's 25 seconds transfer (5 seconds per 5 minutes song length).  I find it slightly faster than when I first bought it.

Best Answer

for me its a dealbreaker... i want to bring fresh podcasts on my jogg, but I cant wait Hours for one podcast to transfer... since there doesn't seem to be ANY good options for this I think this is going back to the shop and Im stuck jogging with my phone I guess for now... 

Best Answer