Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control on phone through Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Google play music service, and used to be able to pause, skip songs etc from the Blaze screen.  Got the Ionic and it appears I can only control music that is downloaded on the watch?  I don't have wireless headphones and miss the ability to control music on my phone through the watch.  Not planning on getting wireless headphones.  Can Ionic connect with music app on the phone to change songs etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you!  It is working (currently, lol), I have been trying to figure that out forever!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

There is a way but it's buggy - you need to pair the Ionic through your phones bluetooth (not the app). You do this by going into settings on the watch: bluetooth connection options - then change the little blue on / off / pair to pair so your phone finds it and pairs with it. Now if you long press the left key it should go to music controls.

Not easy or intuitive. This will work roughly 30% of the time. The rest of the time you will spend getting frustrated because you know it CAN work. 

Best Answer

Thank you!  It is working (currently, lol), I have been trying to figure that out forever!

Best Answer

4 months later and the music controls are WORSE. I wish they'd just add spotify so I didn't have to bother. 

Best Answer