Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit Ionic is not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Ionic and it is not charging. It has been recharging slowly and then losing power comparatively quickly over the last ten days, and now today it will not charge at all.

I am an everyday Fitbit user and it is a daily device that I rely on heavily. 

I have done all the recommended troubleshooting steps. I've cleaned the points, I've swapped plugs, I've used a different power chord (my husband also has an Ionic), no charge is coming through that I can see, and no amount of rebooting with the left and bottom right bottoms will breath life into my Ionic friend.

Please can you help me.

Thank you

Nicola

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I had the same problem a year ago and they replaced my ionic. Alas I now have the same issue again with my replacement Ionic. They seem to last a year and then fail. I have taken all the same steps to rectify the issue but haven't got any results. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @NicinSydney @TimmerVegas.

@NicinSydney I am sorry to hear your Fitbit Ionic is not charging. Thanks for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details, I understand that you rely on your watch and I am here to help. I would like to confirm if you've followed the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? To maximize your Fitbit device's battery life, see the tips in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

@TimmerVegas Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear you're having the same issue with your replacement watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I just came on here looking for advice on this same issue. I had a replacement Ionic at the end of March 2019 and now it isn't keeping charge. My previous one had a similar lifetime. I've only just updated to the Sense (completely unhappy that most extras aren't available in Australia for Sense - but that's another story). Anyways, was hoping to hand on the FitBit experience to my partner and he's only started using it for a few weeks now and now has this no charge issue!! Have tried all steps like resetting by pressing the buttons to get the logo, cleaning all points, changing where charging - but no luck!! Please let me know how to contact support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Nattie_noo.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your replacement Ionic. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and thank you for sharing your feedback, our team is always working on our products and services, and you comments are always welcome. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you! long term user of FitBit here & have the Aria scales as well. 😁

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Nattie_noo.

I am glad to hear you've been a Fitbit customer for a long time and appreciate your feedback. I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you, so you and your partner could continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds about right. I've just received my 2nd replacement yesterday and surprise surprise, it's not working. Not charging at all. Same troubleshooting steps completed.

The first two stopped working after swimming. This replacement appears faulty straight out of the packet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi. I’m having the same problem. Use my Fitbit all the time and now it won’t charge. Just shows 0%. Have read blogs etc to try and resolve. Now been given a case number and waiting for help.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Fobrob @Annking.

@Fobrob I am sorry to hear your replacement device is not working or charging. I appreciate the details shared, I understand how you are feeling and thank you for following the troubleshooting instructions. I've shared your case with our Support team and they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

@Annking I am sorry that you are going through the same situation and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since you already have a case with our Support team, please keep an eye on your inbox. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi LiliyaFitbit

Thank you for responding.

As it happens, my husband eventually got it going. Standing holding onto
the charge chord and device until we inched past 4%, after at last being
successful with a reboot. We tried many times to reboot but on the 15th or
16th attempt it worked.

This is my 3rd device, I love them - but I seem to average a year. Since
the Sunday reboot the charge has held better and we feel to be back on
track. Hopefully for a while. My Fitbit doesn't always return my love and
loyalty.

Good luck to TimmerVegas and NattyNoo and the others.

NicinSydney
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @NicinSydney.

I am glad to hear your husband was able to charge your watch. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Thank you for sharing that you love your device, I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues.  

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics. 

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes