Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic doesn’t count steps and battery lasts few hours

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After updating last version 27.72.1.15 yesterday at morning my ionic stopped working properly in the afternoon and now the leds don’t work and my ionic doesn’t count steps and doesn't measure heart rate. And the battery discharges very quickly and with 100% full charge it barely lasts a few hours. What’s happen??? I need a urgently solution please. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is on the Fitbit Help page - the Ionic was recalled.

"We announced a voluntary safety recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers. If you own a Fitbit Ionic, please stop using your device. Read More"

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

This is on the Fitbit Help page - the Ionic was recalled.

"We announced a voluntary safety recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers. If you own a Fitbit Ionic, please stop using your device. Read More"

Best Answer

@bocaseca wrote:

After updating last version 27.72.1.15 yesterday at morning my ionic stopped working properly in the afternoon and now the leds don’t work and my ionic doesn’t count steps and doesn't measure heart rate. And the battery discharges very quickly and with 100% full charge it barely lasts a few hours. What’s happen??? I need a urgently solution please. Thanks.

For the past 24 hours, I’ve been experiencing the identical problem: even when I am not wearing it, my Fitbit ionic begins counting steps as if I’m jogging a 6-minute mile with the battery dropping 1% every 5 minutes. All the while, im just looking at it with my eyes wide. I’ve used factory reset 7 times, restart 20 times, changed the watch face 9 times, and even updated the newest version of the software - to the same results. I was sent this as a replacement last December and is WAS working flawlessly. Now, it’s possessed by a battery draining ghost of a marathon runner. Of course, I cannot now use it. Also, I am currently in China. HELP!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Burgess454  the Ionic has been recalled, so there is no support for it. The recall information is in the link I posted above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bocaseca wrote: Novitasphere Portal

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luke696   If you are using an Ionic, it was recalled.  Please use the link in @Odyssey13's Best Answer post for a refund.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer