Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic has life of its own. Help

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since upgrade, my Ionic has a life of its own. It vibrates every few seconds, turns display on by itself, ignores my attempts to change settings (for instance, I change Screen Wake to Manual and a few seconds later it changes back to Auto), screen blinks on and off or cycles thru different screens.

I thought upgrades were supposed to fix problems, not cause them.

Very frustrating and annoying.

can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Grover_Neuse wrote:

Since upgrade, my Ionic has a life of its own. It vibrates every few seconds, turns display on by itself, ignores my attempts to change settings (for instance, I change Screen Wake to Manual and a few seconds later it changes back to Auto), screen blinks on and off or cycles thru different screens.

I thought upgrades were supposed to fix problems, not cause them.

Very frustrating and annoying.

can anyone help?

Do a RESTART and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

The very first time I upgraded my Ionic I had a few problems myself, since than I always perform a factory reset and remove my Ionic from the app than set it up as a new device. My most recent experience doing this gave me a newer version of the firmware than the upgrade fitbit is sending to current users. I am running version 32.10.20 which they are supposedly sending to new users giving them fitbit's newest software experience. (see page 8 of the firmware post by Matt) I can say my watch is working as good as if not better than it has in the 4 months that I have had it. I believe cleaning out all the old data with the reset helps quite a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes