Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic heart rate is very accurate but.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there I'm from Thailand. This is second day of using my Ionic (firmware: 27.31.1.16). It's very impressive for all functions. I've just tested simple heart rate monitor on Treadmill. My Ionic heart rate always on spot!  I checked its accuracy with Treadmill machine every 30 seconds I found that only 2 pulses error during peak zone (164 - 174) that is definitely enough for me.

But I would like to report 1 thing that My Ionic was automatically reset during doing Treadmill (occurred only 1 time) . I guess if it is not software issue the root cause might be ESD (Electrostatic discharge) when I was touching treadmill machine, so could you please report your H/W and S/W engineer?  Thank you.

Please keep support and develop software for Ionic.  I now really love Ionic. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Blackperl Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm glad to hear that you are loving your Ionic and enjoying its great accuracy.

Have you experience the reset situation you experienced last time once again?

I recommend performing a restart on your Ionic just to make sure that ain't going to happen once again.

Fitbit is always looking for ways to keep developing its awesome software, future updates will be awesome as well, I'm sure. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR Automatic reset was occurred only 1 time (I saw it during treadmill). If I face this problem again I will reply this topic again.

The problem I faced must be 1 of following root causes

1. Software problem

2. Hardware problem I think If it is H/W problem, it might be ESD. If high ESD occurred during treadmill unintentionally then the voltage of Ionic will be more than/less than operating voltage of CPU/MCU of Ionic.

I would like to report this, maybe this information will help your engineer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blackperl Thanks for your reply and your insight! Sure, I'll help you with that! Also, stay tuned for future firmware updates!

If this happens again, please let me know!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes