Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ionic just died completely in the pool. Surely this can't be right for a waterproof sports watch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help!  I love my Ionic, had it since April18, and felt on it hugely for my endurance training.

Wore it in the pool just now, (not something I usually do), and it's completely stopped working. Tried recharging and re-set, but not the slightest glimmer of life. The only answer I can think of is that water has got in.

So disappointed! Really need my watch working for marathon prep. It's been so good in every other respect, just can't believe a sports watch designed in part for training in water could be so bad. 

Not sure what to do - take it back to the retailer I bought it from? (Argos). Any advice appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Meant to say  'rely on it for training.....'

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 15 month old Ionic has also suffered a tragic death by being submerged in water. Although mine was a bathtub...depth, 1 ft. Fitbit's resolution was a 40% discount on a new Ionic that has no guarantee of dying in 15 months either as that seems to be the planned death for Ionic's, as mentioned numerous times here on the forums. Disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to me this week. Has Fitbit done anything for you? I've had my fitbit since November 2018 so the warranty has expired. So disappointed. It was the first time I wore it in the water though. Maybe it wasn't truly waterproof. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly 15 months old. Died last week while I was swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you end up wanting to get a new one, you can get just the pebble off of ebay from considerably cheaper. That's what I did. Although the listing said it was just the pebble, it came with straps and charging cable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your watch. Luckily my watch was under a year old,
(possibly UK the warranty might run to 2 years, which is helpful). Fitbit
asked for me to describe what happend to the watch and what it was doing /
not doing. They sent out a replacement watch.
To be honest, I've read so many bad cases now of ionics failing in water,
I'd never get this one wet again! They never said that they're just not
that waterproof, but they clearly knew that mine had let in the water and
didn't quibble with the replacement. Such a shame, because such a good
watch in other respects. I hope they sort this problem with the next
generation, or customers will simply move to Garmin, Samsung or Apple, who
don't seem to have these issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes