Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal experience with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Folks,

I'll tell you about my experiences with Fitbit Ionic. First of all, It's best for tracking your exercises and improve your health. But anybody going to buy it, I'm suggesting to wait until the better one releasing.

I'm still wearing it and like to do, that's the reason getting me mad. Living with the fear of the lose it like I did two times. Yes! This is my 3rd Ionic.

My first Ionic, Oh my god. I like it to track my cycling exercises. NFC Payment, long battery life. It was part of me. Than I go to the swim one day. It could not resist the water. After my mail to the customer care like "50 meter WR it's vertical or horizontal?" I got a replacement. But the replacement was having marks on it. I send the photos immediately to the customer care, they offer me another replacement.

By the time I was waiting for 3rd Ionic, I received that and after 20 attempts from different devices finally set it up. So 2nd one puff gone while resetting the device. Now no any response since one week from the watch. Just a black screen and showing the 0% battery when it is finish, I am feeding it again and again.

I hope they will develop something better than this because I believe they are doing well with 7/24 heart rate track and exercise records Fitbit is the best. I will not contact with customer care again, I know they will offer another replacement soap bubble. I am done enough with Ionic.  Wish me a good chance to last the 3rd one long.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @mmsuglun, welcome to Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need. 

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

This message just information for others to don't experience my "personal" three Fitbit Ionic "smart" watch issues.

If you really wanna help me send one Ionic II when it is released. Or if you know any equivalent Garmin watch. Something reliable. Or 5 pieces Ionic also works. At least they will last 2 years long I thought.

Since 30.10.2019 to 6.12.2019 I had enough with customer care. Now they almost been part of my family.

Thanks for editing my first topic by the way.

Thanks and regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like my ionic in terms of exercise tracking and gps as it tracks where I go by foot and cycle.

unfortunately that’s where it ends, after 8 months it is dead and won’t charge.

the notifications stopped working, the weather app never worked, the pay app only works with a couple of obscure cards that I wouldn’t use, the music doesn’t work with Spotify, the iPhone app isn’t great and worse since it changed.

this is my second fit bit the first charge hr fell to bits after a couple of years  

Best Answer