Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My watch reads "companion failed to fetch data" across the top of the watch face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my Ionic today and when I took it off the charger an error appeared at the top of the watch face that reads "companion failed to fetch data" .

Now the location and weatcher functions have stopped working.

I tried to resolve it by restarting the watch.

Any ideas on how to resolve this matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Have you tried a different clock face?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, sorry this isn't a solution...But, I have the same problem. MA003 companion failed to fetch data.

Really annoying me, tried a restart, switching bluetooth on and off etc. Nothing works.

Is a problem with the watch face app? And no a 'fitbit' problem as such I wonder.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe it is the watch face.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for the watch face, not knowing if it is a Fitbit or third party face I suggest you might want to send a message to the developer.

However since both of you say that the weather app doesn't update I suggest that it is a communication with your phone. Not knowing what phone my best thought is to make sure that notifications work and often a restart of the phone and the Ionic is helpful.

As for location not working, I assume that your referring to the GPS while on a run or walk. Does the ionic show that it can not get a GPS lock? A lot of times this is because of heavy cloud cover, if not my thought would be to do a shutdown of the ionic, this should fix any hardware that is not responding.

To shutdown swipe to settings, help, shutdown.

Best Answer
0 Votes