Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help managing my settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At it's most basic level, the most important thing a watch needs to be, ever since people started making mechanical timepieces, is reliable.

I've had this thing since xmas day 2017. It replaced my 2 year old Pebble Time. A month in, it feels like I've gone backwards. Notifications seem to switch themselves off occasionally. Timezones don't change automatically, despite me setting them to do so and syncing several times. My phone is fine, but my watch is just dumb. There are no errors reported... stuff just doesn't happen, like we're not supposed to notice that our watch is not telling the right time.

"You could set your watch by it" is a term that conveys the importance of watches to peoples' lives.

Start with a reliable timepiece, then add all the fitness stuff. Then add the timeline and all the useful non-sporty stuff. Then support your dev community so that they can improve on your core stuff. Should I really have to go to your website to change basic settings, and not just the app??

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, the Ionic still feels like work in progress and it might take another year and iteration to get to a good point, especially judging by the current development speed where even promised features like the SPO2 are nowhere to be seen. In terms of reliability I might add the hr sensor, I don't trust it near as much as I trusted my Charge 2. Notifications are also hit and miss like you said. Those are core functions that simply have to work and have to work simply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Working tremendously well for me. Best smartwatch I ever had (and I owned Pebble, Pebble Time steel, AW LG G watch, AW LG W watch R and currently I also own Fitbit Blaze and AW Polar m600)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is working perfectly, even the HR is accurate on a hairy arm.. I have had it since initial pre-ordered release

I'm only a few hours into App 2.65.1 and all is working.. I have never had issues with non functioning and all notifications come through.. Some hiccups with App 2.64, but 2.65.1 was finally released to all today..

I still use my One 16/7 to keep the step count honest because the Ionic, like all wrist type devices doesn't like some domestics and off course shopping trolleys.  So the One is giving me back the missing steps in multi mode.

All of the embedded apps are working and in my use I don't use music.....So I can't comment on that..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

HR is working properly. My firmware version is 27.31.1.16. App version is 2.64

Can't sync music.. laptop can't find the ionic on the wifi. It did when I first got it, but doesn't now. No idea why - no indication given. The watch says ready and the laptop app just sits there looking.

Resolved my timezone issue - by rebooting the watch. Great! Reboot my watch every time I travel.

Buggy laptop or phone is one thing. Buggy watch? I don't demand much of my watches, but they need to do what they do consistently and advise if something goes wrong, or if I'm doing something wrong. Pebble was great at that. Fitbit seem to be more about selling features than implementing them so well that they sell themselves. Why not fix the basics, then do all that extraneous rewards and community stuff? 

It has the potential to be an apple watch beater, but not with this approach.

Best Answer
0 Votes