Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with LG V20 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a Fitbit Ionic today and will return it tomorrow.  It is a major disappointment.

I wish Fitbit would just come right out and tell you they want to compete with the Apple Watch and this is really not for Android phone users.  This is not compatible with a major Android phone, the LG V20.  In fact, when I finally found the list of compatible devices, none of the LG phones released in the past few years are listed.  No idea why Fibit thinks someone willing to spend $300 for a new piece of technology like the Ionic would be using an older phone as well.  This sucks and was just a big wasted of time.  Fitbit's developers need to get their act together!

Mu husband offered to swap phones with me and give me his LG V30, but it is even newer than the V20 and, of course, is not supported.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

I am using LG V30 and have no issue with the ionic (so far). What kind of issue did you experience with Ionic on LG V30?

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

It definitely works. I have a V20. I just got one yesterday and paired it easily. Maybe you missed a step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ros-SC Have you tried setting your Ionic up. My Sony isn't on Fitbits list and I have no issues. My Pay works perfectly and all other functions work as documented.

My specs are in my signature.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

My phone which is a way older model is not listed and stills works fine.

You should try to see if it works.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Let me clarify.  I was able to connect/pair the V20 easily and it synchs with the phone, and performs all of the Fitbit activity functions just fine.  However, it does not do notifications correctly.  Text messages and emails are hit and miss.  Sometimes they came through quickly, other times they were delayed a lot or just did not pop up on the Ionic.  Phone calls never came through to the Ionic.  I understand these would only be notifications with no ability to reply or answer, but I expected to receive the notifications on the Ionic.

I called Fitbit support and they walked me through and confirmed all my settings and permissions were correct.  They finally asked for the make and model of the phone and then told me it was not compatible.  Later, after a bit of searching, I was able to find the list of compatible phones on the website and it looks to me like they do not support any of the phones LG has released in the past 2 - 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more point.  The reason I posted in this forum is the Customer Support representative suggested I post as a means to get feedback to Fitbit and developers about this issue.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, good luck with that. Users are sometimes very helpful. Fitbit reps and moderators? They'll ask if you setup your device properly. If yes, and you still have issues, remove it from your account and try again. 

I've been using an Ionic with a Google Pixel (Android 8.0.0) for a while and notifications are almost non-existent on my Ionic. I still haven't found a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my LGv20. 

The fitness trackers work, buy text notifications and emails are non existent. Facebook is hit and miss. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit ionic was working perfectly with my lg v20 then there was an update, now it does not sync. I have had it for a few months now and I can't even return it. I am so upset with fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are your notifications working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same experience for me, a fellow v20 user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They worked for a while but stopped!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have av20 and it will not connect to the app. Gets to the numbers and sits in an endless connecting screen. Did this happen to you

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it worked right away. I never had problems until they updated the app.
No I have to reset my fitbit so it can connect to my app. It is really
frustrating. I hope the next fitbit can be compatible with our LG V20!
Best Answer
0 Votes