Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed App Gallery Update - Locker for watch faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As a former Pebble fan, I'm excited to see the new App Gallery for Ionic.  Many of the watch faces I've seen are continuing the Pebble look and feel, but with much improved visuals!  Great job! 

However, one missing component that I think is key to users having a better experience with the gallery.  Fitbit needs to update the app with "locker" as Pebble had...similar to what Fitbit has already done with the Apps section.  I usually (in the Pebble days), bounced around between 5-6 favorite watch faces...and the locker was an easy place to store and retrieve my favorites.  Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though if I change watch faces now, and wish to go back to a previous watch face, I have to scroll through all available watch faces and look for it...so, storing it in a locker and having "search" ability would be a smart move.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I agree, the ability to store multiple watch faces on the device so that we can quickly and easily change would be very welcome. Right now if you want to go back to a previous face you have to set up all the customisations again, very time consuming. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Actually, what would be cool is the ability to have, say, 5 watchfaces that one could download to the Ionic and then switch between on the watch itself without having to download each one individually. Sort of like how the Fitbit Blaze did it. Even if they limited it to only 3, that'd be a nice thing. Who knows, maybe they'll add that in later on.

Best Answer

Two years later and still waiting for this crucial feature. The fact that the app doesn't remember our prior watchface downloads means in practical terms that there is a high and unnecessary barrier to switching watch faces. It must also discourage folks from contributing new faces.

I take it as a sign that Fitbit actually doesn't care about this watch. Too bad. I like my Ionic and will be sorry to abandon it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes