Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest app, "you cannot adjust when in Eco mode" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What a shame, I have a nest and this was the 1 app I was excited about.  First, it would not work unless connected to the phone... So I  that case why not just use your nest app on your phone? 

Also, it turns out, you cannot adjust your thermostat at all from the Ionic, just look at it.  I tried first and it said, "you cannot adjust when in Eco mode, please adjust from you thermostat." 

Next I opened my phone and turned off eco mode, the went to the ionic and it said "cannot adjust when in heat-cool mode, pleas was just from your thermostat".  So what exactly is the point of this app? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi all. 

Just wanted to hop in here to confirm a few things. 

First of all, I can confirm that the Nest app was indeed developed by Fitbit. 

Second, I thought it might be helpful to clarify some of the features that the Nest app has to offer. With the Nest app you can:

• See current temperature and set target temperature 
  • Set Home or Away mode
  • Set the thermostat to Heat, Cool or Off
  • See inside humidity and outside weather
  • Control up to 5 nest thermostats per location

Furthermore, I think it is important to clarify that in order for you to perform the functions listed above on your watch, that the Fitbit mobile app needs to be running or in the background, so the Nest app can connect to the Internet.

If any of the features above are not working, please feel free to let me know and I would be happy to follow up with our team to help resolve the issue. 

Additionally, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your candid feedback and I can assure you that your voices have been heard by the appropriate parties. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Periodically I try the app again, but unfortunately still have the connection issue I reported.

I have even installed the v1.0.1 update today and still no joy.

captain_caveman2k | UK
Ionic (Retired: Charge HR, Returned: Microsoft Band II)
Alienware 15 R2 (Windows 10), Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile), Xbox One S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the Versa, so quite anxious to get the Nest app working. I'm also getting the "Bluetooth Error: please check your connection" message. L950 on win10mobile 15254.369.

Can anyone from Fitbit say if they are working on this app? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t even get my Nest app to show anything. I either get “Bluetooth Error: check your connection” or “you are not the owner of any thermostats that you can control” which makes no sense! I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any help would be great! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I've just downloaded the Nest app. My Ionic tells me that "You are not the owner of any thermostats that you can control" even though I'm definitely signed in to my Nest account and I really do have a Nest E thermostat (set to eco mode). Should the Fitbit app let me turn off Eco and set a temperature? 

Best Answer
0 Votes