Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ionic. No HRM, no wrist flick, and no double tap

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got an Ionic yesterday.  I installed the firmware update, and I've been wearing since yesterday afternoon.

I cannot get a heart rate to register/display.  There isn't a Heart Rate on/off option on the dashboard settings, and ON THE DEVICE, my heart rate monitor is set to "on".

The wrist flick to activate the screen simply does not work, regardless of the # of unnatural movements I attempt to see if its just weirdly sensitive.  Additionally, the tap/double tap doesn't work either, whether I tap really f'ing hard or "normally".  Taps don't work whether I tap the screen, the band, or the little border.

I think I got a dud.

I've done a factory reset, unpaired, uninstalled, and re-paired, re-added the device to my account, with no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

And now it has started counting steps constantly.  last time I checked I had 192k steps.  

Getting returned!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

For the HR monitor, make sure that the watch is not to loose on your wrist.

About the wrist flick, swipe on the watch from left to right.

You will see a 'screen wake' option. Make sure it is set to Auto.

Then it should work for the wrist flick and for the double tab on the screen.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx for the ideas.  Unfortunately, the watch is at its proper snugness - ive been wearing fitbit HR trackers for years.
Ive already set the auto wake function as you noted.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

And now it has started counting steps constantly.  last time I checked I had 192k steps.  

Getting returned!

Best Answer
0 Votes