Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ionic registers steps while sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Set up my new ionic last night and I am less than thrilled to find out upon waking that I had registered steps not a few but almost 7000. Yes sensitivity is set to normal no I am not a sleepwalker. I was going to run with it today but I think I will use my surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Id suggest you restart your Ionic and see ifbthat fixes it. Do it a few times. You are right - 7000 steps overnight is way too many! Let us know how it goes.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original problem of adding steps while asleep has continued. First night almost 7000 steps with no distance recorded. No fan in the room, set on normal. After resetting three times seem to be recording data normal until following day when over 20,000 steps it said I only went about four miles. I have two other Fitbits a charge and surge and know my goals of 20,000 steps and 6.2 miles usually coincide pretty closely. Changed back to my surge and miles seem to track normally the rest of that day. Reset ionic again. Woke up to almost 5000 steps no distance and no sleep recorded. The last time it did track my sleep. Reset ionic again and wore my surge today. I also shopped for a garmin. I love Fitbit but need an accurate fitness tracker. Salesperson said maybe I have a bad one as he has only had good feedback but then I see issues posted here. Who has kept, exchanged or returned their ionic and are you satisfied.

Best Answer

I'm on my 3rd Ionic in less than 2 weeks. It'll add phantom steps while I'm resting after wearing to bed to use the sleep tracking feature. I've called customer care followed their suggestions and all the suggestions I've found by doing a Google and forums search. The only solution I've found is to not wear the device while sleeping. Everything else about the device that I've tried works great. Just wish there was a fix for this. Hard to stomach spending this much money on a device and not be able to use all the features.

Update--- Ended up swapping it out 3 more times, for a total of 6 different ones. I experienced all the same issues on all. Fortunate that I work for a company that I could switch them out. Ended up returning and going with a different brand all together. Love my new device and have no issues. Sorry it didn't work out with Fitbit. I really liked the device except for the phantom steps. 

Best Answer