Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Vibrations - No Warranty

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic has been a great motivator for 8 months. 2 months ago the vibrations stopped working. I have contacted support 4 times about the issue.  I have requested warranty coverage. I was told there is a software update comming 'someday' that will solve the issue.  Past software updates have not solved the issue. I have had a defective product for two months now that is not being covered by warranty. Unless this is resolved quickly, I will never purchase or recommend FitBit products in the future. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From my side - of course I restarted the device and - sorry- but of course it didnt help. 

I havent contacted the shop where I bought fitbit, yet - I am not happy to loose the device for at least one month with unclear result -if it is possible to fix or not. 

I tried to find out if somebody else had similar issue and how it was solved. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BassFace.2. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the vibrations stopped working on your Fitbit Ionic. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling as your watch has been a great motivator and you would like to continue enjoying all its features. 

Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue and sharing that you've already contacted our Support team regarding this. I appreciate your feedback, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I suggest to keep communication open with our team, since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. I appreciate your understanding. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have the same problem with vibrations. Suddenly it stopped working. I had noticed that it is weaker and weaker and suddenly there is no action - alarm is not working, all notifications, goals -the display is lightning and showing them, but no vibration...

I am training to find any solution, but with no success yet.

Best Answer

Hi @JankaS, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with vibrations. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and would like to confirm if you tried already to restart your watch by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all of the restart and reset directions both on my own and with customer support representatives. The watch is defective. How do I get a warranty return authorization?

Best Answer

Hi @BassFace.2, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts and understand your concern. Since you've been in touch with our Support team, I've sent this information to them and you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From my side - of course I restarted the device and - sorry- but of course it didnt help. 

I havent contacted the shop where I bought fitbit, yet - I am not happy to loose the device for at least one month with unclear result -if it is possible to fix or not. 

I tried to find out if somebody else had similar issue and how it was solved. 

Best Answer

Hi @JankaS, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have received my warranty watch today. The process was very easy and quick. I’m looking forward to having the interaction back that the vibrations allow for. Auto updates every half mile while running. Countdown timers during HIIT workouts. Etc. thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi @BassFace.2, thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case and you were sent a replacement. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your feedback as it's really important to us and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also received the device yesterday.

I already sent the email last week, when the watch was shipped - really surprised (of course positively) with communication and quick reactions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue with my Charge HR. Ever since I received the unit (brand new), the vibrations never worked from the beginning. The vibrating notifications was my favourite feature especially because it helps me wake up on the right side of the bed. However, I have tried restarting it and even factory restarting it, but the vibrations feature never worked. It's been a few years since I last used it and decided to wear my Charge HR again and the vibrations feature really doesn't work. I must have received a defective unit, which unfortunately is probably beyond warranty already. Disappointed by FitBit as it's easily one of my favourite companies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes