Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to add card to the wallet app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, while I understand my bank may not be accepted by Fitbit pay, I am currently unable to even attempt to add a card.

I click onto the wallet app, under my apps, and it just tells me about the app.

Is this function not working, or am I looking in completely the wrong place?

I have tried on my Sony mobile and my MacBook, and neither appear to allow me any further.

Please help xx

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

You add a card from the app on your phone. Go to your account, select ionic and scroll down to pin. You have to set that up before you can go any further. Then you need to set security (pin or fingerprint etc) on your phone lock. Then you can enter your card info. It then checks and tells you if the card is accepted or not.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same problem. I set up the device lock on my phone, enabled PIN, went back to the Wallet app settings, and still have no option to add a card. 

Best Answer

So all of a sudden the option to add a card was there. Not sure how exactly. Try restarting your phone see it that helps??

I just have to wait for the UK to accept fitbit pay now lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiftingMidwife wrote:

So all of a sudden the option to add a card was there. Not sure how exactly. Try restarting your phone see it that helps??

I just have to wait for the UK to accept fitbit pay now lol

The first UK bank takes Fitbit Pay today which is probably why it's suddenly available to us in the app.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved. I had to remove the Fitbit, remove the App from my phone, reinstall the App and pair the Fitbit again.

What's strange is I didn't get notified there was an App update. I normally get automatic notifications for any app updates but there was none for Fitbit for the past few days. 

There is definitely an issue about the app update notifications. I contacted Fitbit support about it and I hope they fix that.

I can see the Wallet tile now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

november 14th, same issue, no option to add a card as there is no wallet on the fitbit ionic "page" of the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can not add a card to the wallet, nor can I enable a pin.... help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Snooker-Lady007 & @SylvieD1971 what location and what bank? Are you within the territories that have Fitbit pay enabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Canada

⁣Regards,
Hetty Tyrrell
416-467-8740

Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Snooker-Lady007 wrote:
Canada

⁣Regards,
Hetty Tyrrell
416-467-8740

Sent from BlueMail ​

Ah that might be the problem. According to this page Fitbit Pay banks Canada doesn’t have any partners yet, so the app won’t show or let you add any card.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can see the app, and at one time it suggested I could, but....

And now I can't disable the PIN which is very annoying.

⁣Regards,

Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes
i'm in canada, the bank only becomes relevant once the option to add a card
is there.
Best Answer
0 Votes
fitbit should have informed the customers prior to letting them spend so
much money for features that were not available and no date as to the
availability. not only is it misleading, but it's also dishonest.
Best Answer

No one explains this anywhere 🙂 Thanks a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.

So is fitbit pay accepted in Australia? I'm in Victoria.

Thanks and kind regards,

rob

Best Answer
0 Votes

@d1bobbyg wrote:

Hi there.

So is fitbit pay accepted in Australia? I'm in Victoria.

Thanks and kind regards,

rob

Yes, for the following:

ANZ

Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Mastercard)

Latitude Financial Services (Mastercard)

National Australia Bank

Westpac (Mastercard)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@d1bobbyg to add to what @SunsetRunner has said, the ANZ only accepts Fitbit pay on Visa (not mastercard) unless they have added Mastercard since I tried last of course! I must try again lol

Edited to add - I tried again, and still no Mastercard with ANZ. I have no idea why not. It is annoying as Mastercard is OK with other Australian Banks. Oh well (grumble, grumble!)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The recent update to my watch means I can now add a card.  Whoo hoo

Best Answer
0 Votes