Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sleep stages for the past 3 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my ionic has not been giving me sleep stages for the past 3 days even though it has had a solid read on my heart rate with no gaps. Last time this happened on the blaze was when there was some work going on in the backend with you guys.

Wondering if it's just me. I do also have the development firmware btw.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Nope, it isn't just you, I had two days last week where I got Sleep Stages, and now I'm on my 7th consecutive day with just standard sleep.  I don't care too much about the Sleep Stages, but they were kind of cool, so I do hope they get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only had this issue for one night...the phone app told me that it had trouble getting heart rate readings at certain points during the night (under the sleep section) and that evening I had the watch a little looser than I normally do.  I put it a notch tighter to its normal position the next night and got the sleep stages back.  Did the app not say anything about heart rate readings or any other reason?  Maybe give the band adjustment a shot, not sure if it's the same issue you are seeing or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@minigno wrote:

I only had this issue for one night...the phone app told me that it had trouble getting heart rate readings at certain points during the night (under the sleep section) and that evening I had the watch a little looser than I normally do.  I put it a notch tighter to its normal position the next night and got the sleep stages back.  Did the app not say anything about heart rate readings or any other reason?  Maybe give the band adjustment a shot, not sure if it's the same issue you are seeing or not.

I routinely wear my Ionic snug; when I look at my heart rate track I typically see an uninterrupted heart rate plot, so I doubt the message regarding the inability to get a consistent reading.  Here is today's plot showing a pretty good night's sleep with a continuous heart rate track:

HeartRate-20171013.png

Best Answer

Same problem here. Restarted app, restarted phone,  reinstalled app. No dice. I’m going to wear it tight tonight and see if there’s a change. 

Happy to report back that wearing it snug overnight got the stages working. 

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer

I got it back for 1 days and today back to the no sleep stages. This is getting really annoying as the heart rate data is consistent and without gaps.

Best Answer

Pls check the sleep sensitivity, I put in on  sensetive, after that it did not give any sleep details.

when I change it back to normal I get detailed sleep insight🙃

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jorkal wrote:

Pls check the sleep sensitivity, I put in on  sensetive, after that it did not give any sleep details.

when I change it back to normal I get detailed sleep insight🙃

I've had my Ionic for nearly two weeks now, Sleep Sensitivity has been set to "Normal" the entire time, however, I only got the Sleep Stages info from the second and third nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I got my Ionic a week ago and have not had Sleep Stages yet - although I am getting solid Heart Rate readings through the night. I think it must just be broken - I tried it back on my Charge HR and also no Sleep stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try wearing it as tight as comfortably possible to bed.  That's the only thing that got mine working consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuneBugSpade wrote:

Try wearing it as tight as comfortably possible to bed.  That's the only thing that got mine working consistently.

That doesn't work in my case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuneBugSpade wrote:

Well last night I wore it as tight as it would go around my wrist. No change. Still no sleep stages today.

I'm just wondering why no one from Fitbit is responding to this. Usually they are on top of things like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another day of wearing the ionic super tight but no sleep stages.

Will give it another night before contacting Fitbit Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm thinking Sleep Stages software needs to be fixed; I'm now two weeks into it with no reports.  

Best Answer

Did you get in touch with support? 

Where they able to provide a solution? 

I'm having the same issue, hence my interest

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now my Sleep Stages are working again; go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope not just u. We all are having the same issue. Wth is going on Fitbit? Do u see our inquiries????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to wear it on the underside of my wrist for it to work .  Grrr 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

#MeToo - No sleep stages!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the options at the moment are:

- Wear it tighter - I see the help talks about a few finger widths above the wrist bone

- The inside of the wrist

I also get a solid heart rate but only simple reporting.

Best Answer
0 Votes