Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on connected headphones on Ionic and using Coach

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I just upgraded from a fitbit charge 2 to an fitbit ionic, and I also have a fit coach premier subscription.

When I try and perform a coach workout with my jbirds3 bluetooth headphones connected, there is zero audio over the headphones. 

I was expecting that the experience with coach on the ionic would be similar to that on my phone with audio coaching.

So the question is, is it expected behavior that you hear nothing during the coach sessions ?

Similar question for exercise sessions ( treadmill and outdoor sessions ).

I expected there would be more choice that just to start recording and no audio feedback.

i.e: treadmill sessions audio coaching on phone has many different workouts.

Thanks in advance for support

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @epauste I don't believe the ionic has a voice chip so that is correct in that their isn't any voice cues .

Best Answer

@epauste Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, if you have your headphones connected to your Fitbit Ionic, it's an expected behavior that you won't hear any sound.

However, you can submit your request in our Feature Suggestions board and people can vote for it. The more votes this idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineering team.

Thank you for your help my friend @Rich_Laue!

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may want to add your vote to the existing suggestion @epauste

Audio cues over bluetooth from Ionic

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Thank you for sharing this feature suggestion my friend! I'm sure that your post will help the suggestion to get more votes.

See you around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it’s expected behavior then what’s the point of the exercise audio cues setup in the app? Are you supposed to take your phone with you to get the cues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The point of audio exercise clues in the app is so that the app, while recording an exercise, will be able to give audio clues. Please be aware that these audio clues in the app where added, at the suggestion of users, a long time before fitbit had any tracker that was able to produce sound. 

What we are now are asking for is the ability to setup audio cues on the ionic, not the app. 

Best Answer

The point of audio exercise clues in the app is so that the app, while recording an exercise, will be able to give audio clues. Please be aware that these audio clues in the app where added, at the suggestion of users, a long time before fitbit had any tracker that was able to produce sound. 

What we are now are asking for is the ability to setup audio cues on the ionic, not the app. 

Yes the point of having audio cues in the app is so that the user will have the option of audio cues if they carry the phone with them. This option would give the user of pre Ionic trackers the ability to get cues while out on a run. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the quick reply. I do hope the feature can be added. I bought
Bluetooth earbuds partly for this purpose, so it was a little disappointing
to realize it’s not supported.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, to me, having a watch with the ability to produce audio would be nice to produce audio cues. Not everyone wants to listen to music or audio books. 

Best Answer
I finally gave up with fitbit, returned the ionic and switched to garmin.
No regrets.
Best Answer
0 Votes