Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibrations on incoming messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, don't know if anyone else has this same issue and perhaps found a solution for it. I allready tried several things, but vibrations are still not working on incoming messages. Incoming messages do appear, I can see them, but no vibrating. When I send a test message from my phone it does vibrate, which is strange. 

After using the Fitbit now for a few days I am losing my trust in the device... several issues keep coming up, have to restart in order to fix them, but even a restart doesn't work now 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some people may not realize (and this may solve the problem) that there are two areas on the FitBit Versa that require notifications to be turned:

1. in the settings menu there is a notifications area that allows you to set notifications for different situations, such as when you are sleeping or when you are exercising.

2. The other area is found by holding the left button (left side of watch face) for approximately 2 seconds. you will feel the watch strongly vibrate twice. Tap on 'Notifications' to turn on and you should get vibration notifications when you receive phone calls or texts. I located this area by accident and it solved the problem for me. i hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

If your not receiving them, make sure your Ionic is turned on in the settings (Check your "Settings"; there are two different vibration modes; Normal & Strong. Maybe try the Strong mode). Also, try resetting your Ionic (Press and HOLD the left and bottom right buttons together, until the fitbit icon appears, then release). The reset has always worked for me and hopefully will for you as well!!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your help. Tried that several times and after the 5th time and some hours later it suddenly started vibrating on incoming messages. Wonder how long it will last though... 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue.

Notifications have been working fine (Microsoft 950XL) for the last week, but suddenly for no apparent reason the ionic no longer vibrates when an notification comes through.

I can read it onvthe ionic but I don't get any vibration.

Vibrate is set to Strong and quiet hours is off and other things like goals etc do vibrate normally.

I have restarted the phone and ionic several times, but so far no luck getting the vibration back.

Best Answer

My vibrate worked for about 10 days. It no longer works. I've tested with texts, alarms, and simply toggling vibrate from Normal to Strong. I get nothing.

I've also hard reset the device and reset to factory settings. Nothing.

I've contacted support. They are having me ship back my watch and then they will be sending me a replacement.

I set myself up for this pre-ordering this device instead of waiting.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and tried the "reboot" suggestion from our USMC poster. Unfortunately that hasn't seemed to fix my problem either. Curious if there are any other "fix" options other have used...Thanks, Dave from LA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not. I had the same issue and ended up contacting support for a replacement. I shipped it last week and got the update today that my replacement is being shipped.

Best Answer

I contacted support and was told notifications aren't supported on Windows Phone so basically they can't help me in resolving the issue.

I don't believe it's a windows phone issue, but more a firmware issue, as it's only notification vibrations that stop but the notifications themselves still arrive on the ionic.

Mine seems to resolve itself but I always reset my ionic and phone when it happens and then send a test notification through the app, and then just wait for it to start working again.

Perhaps those with the issue need to log here what OS they are using? And if it's not windows phone, log a call with support as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got mine for Xmas and I’m having the same problem. I get the texts and phone calls on the Screen but it does not vibrate. I have it set on strong but still nothing. I’ve tried the re-set a few times but it didn’t help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had mine for a few months.  It stopped vibrating on notifications about a month ago.  So, perhaps its a S/W issue on the latest firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to settings, there is no Vibration setting. I only have Exercise Tracking, Heart Rate Zones, and Advanced Settings.  There is no Vibration setting in the Advanced Setting. I believe I have the latest firmware. I just got the watch 3/3/18. Not sure how to fix the weak vibration setting.

Best Answer

You need to swipe left on the watch itself and open the settings icon, you should then see Brightness, Backlight Delay, Vibration etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I didn't realize there were settings on the watch itself. I was just checking on the app on my phone.

@rpalmer68wrote:

You need to swipe left on the watch itself and open the settings icon, you should then see Brightness, Backlight Delay, Vibration etc.

Rookie mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone I'd try to cover everything mentioned, if I'm missing something feel free to post it here! 

@Lidewey165  @BearcatScott It's great to hear that is vibrating again, let me know if you need further assistance. 

@GySgt_Seidell Thanks you so much for sharing these troubleshoots! 

@rpalmer68 If you're getting trouble getting notifications check out the troubleshoots listed on this article and it also wouldn't harm you tracker to perform the restart.

@Pbuck  @ohieaux Thanks for your patience to this matter, In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, keep an eye on your email inbox. 

Let me know how it goes!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i've found that I only need to Force Stop the Fitbit app on my Moto G5 Plus to restore notifications.  I do this 2-3 times a day to restore functionality.  Seems to be more of an app issue. @MaginB 

Best Answer

Hi there @ohieaux

Thanks for sharing this update, let me know how it goes with the Support Team, I'll be around! 

Catch you later! 

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the issue on my iPhone. As per another member I believe it is a software issue with a recent update as it was working fine until recently. I have tried the resets etc but to no avail. Please advise. 

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @TimR65

Thanks for your patience to this matter, let me help you out. In order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf. Soon you'll be getting an email with the next steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue after one week of usage of Ionic watch: my messages and calls were readable on ionic but no active notifications. It turns out you have two different screens for the settings on the watch concerning notifications: one is in "settings" (reachable through swiping to the left; you can decide whether you receive calls and notifications during exercise and/or sleep and the intensity of the vibration). However, the main setting can only be reached via the "secret" setting screen: hold the left button for 3 seconds and you can put notifications on or off. That was turned off by accident on my watch and it took me some time to find out about that one. Hope it helps for you!

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice but holding the left button on my ionic just opens Fitbit pay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes