Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibrations on incoming messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, don't know if anyone else has this same issue and perhaps found a solution for it. I allready tried several things, but vibrations are still not working on incoming messages. Incoming messages do appear, I can see them, but no vibrating. When I send a test message from my phone it does vibrate, which is strange. 

After using the Fitbit now for a few days I am losing my trust in the device... several issues keep coming up, have to restart in order to fix them, but even a restart doesn't work now 😞

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

This fixed my issue with no vibrations on notifications! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience but noticed you can swipe left or right from your CC.  Right takes you to notifications.  Mine was off and I just felt a vibration.

Best Answer

Same issue here! Please help!? iPhone6s. I’ve been through so many forums and tried whatever I can find. I am getting notifications on my Ionic but no vibration. Vibration is working for other Ionic functions though. Ready to return this thing if it doesn’t work and get the Apple Watch instead. 

Best Answer

Thank you!  

I have had the same problem and attempted various proposed solutions. None worked and all settings seemed correct on both watch and phone app.

Then I saw your note @ the "secret" settings.  That notification setting was off.  

Turned it on and now vibration works again!  

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had same problem for ages, tried everything on here and have finally found the answer. After ensuring Notifications are ON on both your Fitbit and phone, hold the left button on your Fitbit (mines an Ionic) and swipe left at the same time. This brings up a different menu with a Notifications option. Mine was set to OFF!

Best Answer

Hold the left button down until screen wake and notifications comes up.  Then make sure they are set to on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you check to see if notifications were turned on?  Hold the left button down until you get the wake and notifications and make sure notifications are on

Best Answer
0 Votes
TY. yes, I did. one of the issues is that the directions keep changing. I
understand firmware updates can do this but it makes it difficult when
searching for answers. I went through many other posts before getting to
the simple answer that somehow my notifications were turned off on the
ionic itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
TY. yes, this worked except that I didn't realize at first that I had to
swipe to get to the "screen wake" screen as mine comes up on the credit
card for paying, then I can swipe left or right for music or screen wake.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Opening the wallet section, then swiping over, there's another option for Notifications...somehow mine switched off, so I turned it on and now it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just now having this issue and I've owned mine for a year.  I can scroll and get see my messages but they dont appear on the screen and no vibration. I also get nothing with phone calls.  I've tried everything that I've read and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset was the last resort for me

Best Answer

Try Holding left button until you get in the “secret” menu. There swipe left or right until you see “screen wake” and “notifications”. Select notifications and turn to on by tapping on it. Success!

Best Answer

Long press the right button.

Turn on notifications  (This is different than in the settings notifications)

Best Answer

This worked for me!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this issue too.   Today I happen to notice that my device was set to Screen Wake - Manual.    When I changed it back to auto, my text messages and vibrate came back.    Maybe this will work for others having this issue with the Ionic.   

Best Answer

@Mlamonica Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic. Thanks for trying all the steps you have been able to find on the forums. 

By any chance, have you tried pressing and holding the left button on your Ionic; then swipe left or right to find the "Notifications" option and toggle than on? This has helped other users in this thread. It is worth giving that a try.

If that doesn't work, try setting notifications once again by following the steps on this article

@TimR65 @Kristof1234 @Gpslove @Jaym029 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thank you for taking the time to post the workarounds that helped you out to sort this out.

I'm really glad to read that you are back on track with your notifications. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you also escalate my case to the support team? I've tried every possible fix mentioned in the forums, multiple times, with no luck.

Wow... I feel dumb. This worked, thank you! I had tried everything else multiple times!

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t feel dumb.  Glad it worked for you too.   Enjoy your stepping and vibrating Fitbit again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people may not realize (and this may solve the problem) that there are two areas on the FitBit Versa that require notifications to be turned:

1. in the settings menu there is a notifications area that allows you to set notifications for different situations, such as when you are sleeping or when you are exercising.

2. The other area is found by holding the left button (left side of watch face) for approximately 2 seconds. you will feel the watch strongly vibrate twice. Tap on 'Notifications' to turn on and you should get vibration notifications when you receive phone calls or texts. I located this area by accident and it solved the problem for me. i hope this helps.

Best Answer