Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

I also am among the many who can’t get my ionic to sync. You pay $300.00 for this device and expect it to perform like it’s advertised. I’m very frustrated with my fit bit ionic and getting more frustrated each day that goes by. Does anyone have any answers out there?

Best Answer

@Jdmj1973 If you haven’t already, try all of the troubleshooting offered on this forum but  you must contact Fitbit support and get your case started. 

If you purchased an early release ionic its likely it was faulty so the only real solution is a replacement, either from your retailer or via Fitbit support. 

Persevere and good luck 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lived with my faulty ionic for 6 months until I found this redemption centre. I simply told them that my watch doesn’t sync. No further questions or checks. All they needed from me is the invoice and my faulty watch. I got a new device in 2mins. And it works perfectly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I received my replacement pebble yesterday and it works perfectly. Although I can not give it the same testing conditions, because I moved from Android phone to iPhone. But I feel it works different, no more slow syncing, syncing drops, all notifications arrive on time. I hope it will last like that 😄 

Best Answer

@Natalja That’s brilliant news glad to hear you’re all set. 

Happy tracking 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing great advice @Mark2018! I'm sure this can help others. 

Welcome to the Community @MrtLA. Thanks for the screenshot that you've shared. I totally understand your comments as you would like your Ionic to sync your data. I would like you to make sure you already restarted your phone and then attempt to sync again. 

If you did, you can also try the steps mentioned on this article why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you so much. You been very helpful

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that I was able to assist you @Jdmj1973! Don't hesitate to come back if you need further assistance. 

Have you checked the Discussions Board? You can find get moving, eat well and manage weight tipsRobot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sending my Ionic back by the end of this week for a refund.

Bought it last week, on June 25th, and just after 4 days of use it stopped syncing, getting notifications and finding my network. Tried every advice around this thread and no luck at all.

I don't have neither the time nor the patience to waste fiddling around a 21st century, 300€ tech device, that refuses to work as intended because of bad implemented software and/or quality control issues.

There's plenty of options in the market.

Charge 2 / Ex-Ionic / HTC10 / Android 8 / Windows 10 / Spotify Premium user
Best Answer

My Ionic quit syncing all together on my Android phone. I have to use my spare iPhone to sync it. Works flawlessly with that. This is a more recent issue. I knew this was a bad product when it came out with all the bugs and almost a year later it's still way too buggy. If I would have known it would stop connecting with my Note8 and be reliant on the iPhone to work I would have just got an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Note 8 here, as well.  I've been getting more sync errors lately, and it'll go hours without syncing.  I've tried (once again) all of the troubleshooting steps offered up by Fitbit, but nothing worked.  Whenever I contact them, they tell me that they see that my Ionic synced x number of times yesterday.  That's great, but most of the time when I try and manually sync it, it is a total fail.  My wife also has a Note 8 and an Ionic.  She spent over an hour the other day trying to get it to manually sync.  She has way more patience than I do for the thing.  I just try a few times and then leave it alone.

I tried to get it replaced, but Fitbit outright refused to do it.  Said that seeing as it synced x number of times, it was working just fine.

Fitbit used to be a fantastic company to work with.  Here are some actual examples.

I've been a Fitbit user in one way or another since 2010.  Back then, they were barely out of just being a startup company.  I started with one of the original model Fitbits.  Those had a tendency to crack, because of the way that they were built.  They replaced one of those for me not once but twice.  My wife got replacements as well.  The second replacement, they just sent me a new model.  No questions asked.  No jumping through insurmountable hoops.  Oh, and both times, it was outside of the warrany period.

I've had numerous friends who got replacement Fitbits when they lost theirs.  Entirely their own fault, but Fitbit replaced them anyway.

I understand that replacing a Fitbit when someone loses it is over the top, but it just goes to prove a point.  Fitbit used to be one of those companies that engendered loyalty.  I mean I never even looked at another tracker product because no company could be as good as them.

Now they are no better than every other company out there, and worse than more than a few.  To hand the customer a defective product and then refuse to replace it based on some arbitrary criteria is not only customer unfriendly, it is the way to lose customers.  Because of the way that I and all of you have been treated in this venture, this is absolutely the last Fitbit product this family will ever buy.  After an 8 year relationship with Fitbit, it's time for the end.

I suspect that Fitbit won't care about my leaving them.  There are plenty of other suckers to fleece out of their hard earned cash.

Best Answer
Hey! Totally understand your disappointment and frustration. I would like to suggest you one last thing to try. Try to make video with how you try to sync it manually. I mean not like screenshot, but with all your finger moves, prooving that all the rest things work and you have reliable Internet acces etc. Try notification feature, show how it fails. Upload it to YouTube and send them link and ask if they believe it works fine!

Sent from mobile, sorry for being short,
Natalia
Best Answer

My Ionic will not sync with my iPhone, used to do that earlier but now I have to connect to Bluetooth every time i want to track exercize to iPhone. IT will not show temperature on clock face either. 

Tried to remove both app and device and recennect, but will not update atomatically.

regards, Rune Vagnes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @PaulusV@winb83@ScottKilbo@Natalja and @rvaagne! I'm sorry for the syncing issues you're having with your Ionic. 

I would like you to confirm you've done this syncing procedure. In case you're using an Android device and not iPhone, please try the following:

- Restart your phone and attempt to sync again 

- After this, try the syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You guys must work only with Apple costumers in mind. Browsing through your device compatibility list one can see that your devices are compatible with every single iPhone since iPhone 4S. And while that's ok I don't see the same love to other brands.

I have an HTC10 and your devices stopped being compatible with HTC phones since the M9 model, launched in April 2015. And even then it was a headache to keep the M9 working flawlessly with your devices. It's sadly clear that almost nothing as improved in the last 3 years in that matter.

That said, it's my strong belief that a 21st century wearable device is just as good as it's software. Having to resort to recurring resets, reinstalls, restarts and settings fiddling to make it work as announced, just don't cut it.

Not impressed at all.

Charge 2 / Ex-Ionic / HTC10 / Android 8 / Windows 10 / Spotify Premium user
Best Answer

@PaulusV As an iPhone user I can only speak for my own experience   The early ionics do seem to have had issues but since getting my replacement from support all is working as it should. 

I can understand your frustration but this forum is mainly for us users, with the exception of the odd moderator. Your comments may be better directed to Fitbit support 

Best Answer

Absolutely Paulus V... and you will notice the same link over and over and over again... YES FITBIT... We followed the suggestions on your "Why won't my Fitbit device sync?" page..never any progress or other possible resolutions... The same issue is  listed on the page for the Versa... Hundreds of posts and almost 45K reads on the "versa won't sync" thread.... this is just getting absolutely ridiculous. The issue is only with the Versa and Ionic..... THEY BOTH USE THE SAME SOFTWARE!! No issues on the pages for Charge 2 etc. Mt Charge 2 works perfectly.. BUT you can't read it in the sunlight.  Wake up Fitbit... Samsung is coming out with a new "Gear S4" watch in a couple of months..from what I have read so far, it's supposed to be awesome.... Fitbit...fix your Ionic/Versa software issues or lose a lot of marketshare.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

@rvaagne Don’t waste anymore time contact support and get a replacement. It’s faulty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Behive wrote:

@rvaagne Don’t waste anymore time contact support and get a replacement. It’s faulty. 

If only it was that easy.  I have tried to get Fitbit to give me a replacement and they won't do it because it sometimes syncs on its own.  Never mind that notifications are spotty and that I can rarely sync it on my own.  They look at your logs and if it shows some syncing, they say that it working according to specs and that there's nothing more that they can do.

Yes, it is faulty, but short of it not working at all, it's next door to impossible to get a replacement.

Best Answer

@ScottKilbo I had the same but did not give up  (my story throughout this thread) preserver my friend it’s not delivering the service you paid for therefore refund or replace 

Best Answer
0 Votes