Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

@Bos10 @Ralendil @PeteG-1 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing that information about the experience you have had. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I will send your feedback to the right place. It's unfortunate to see you go. 

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really hoped I wouldn’t need to post on this thread again but sadly here I am 

my original ionic was purchased in December 2017 and started failing to sync in April 2018. I eventually got a replacement in June and all has been great. No performance issues and really reliable. UNTIL .......

Two days ago, I woke up and the sync issue has started all over again. Exactly the same issue. Why is the ionic fine for about 4 about months then fails? 

@Natalie I know you got your replacement about the same time, how is yours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a replacement after 8 months and I had battery issues with the replacement so sent it back. No longer have a fitbit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Ionic since February 2018 and I still get the syncing issue pop up a few times a week even after I've done all the suggestions mention in this topic multiple times.

• Factory reset the Ionic and do the full setup again.
  • Un-pairing the Ionic from my phone.
  • Turn off all day sync.
  • re-install the app.
  • remove all other Bluetooth devices from my phone(which is silly).
  • etc

and a mixture of all the above and I still get the dreaded sync issue icon pop up in the app 😕

I was going a long time doing the whole factory reset and repairing to the phone every time this happened but now I simply just turn off the Bluetooth on my phone for 10 - 15 seconds and turn it back on, after that the Ionic syncs back up with the app but again this is not a permanent fix just a quicker one.

I'm no firmware guy and i'm sure it must be difficult to fix since it's an issue identified back in 2017 that is still happening to a large portion of users but I don't blame people being frustrated about a nearly year old issue.

I'm on a Samsung S8 by the way.

Best Answer