Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all runs are syncing to the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my fitbit ionic. Yesterday I ran twice. From one location to another, had dinner on another location, and later on the evening I ran back from another location to one. Both times I manually started the run excercise through the exercise app on the ionic. In the today app it clearly says I had two seperate runs yesterday. Both showing well with all the data. But syncing both to the app seems to be a problem. Only the scond run is showing in the app, but the first is not at all. Is this a known problem or "feature" that it only syncs one run per day? Is there a way to get this right?

Kind regards,

Rutger Mandemaker.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RuM4N, hope you're doing great! It should be syncing all your exercises my friend. Are you still experiencing this issue? How long are those activities?

It is possible that you were experiencing that as a result of using an out of date Fitbit app. The latest version of the app were released recently, Android version should be on 2.70 and iOS version on 2.49 as of today. 

Have you tried tracking a walk/run using GPS once again? Also, when are you able to see the map? and are you able to see the map just once and then it disappears? 

Have you checked if your runs are showing up on the Fitbit.com Dashboard? If they're, but not in the Fitbit app, please try the following:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you sort this out? My runs have been syncing fine and displaying a map of the route in the app, until today. After my run it has synced all the stats but no map and none of the previous maps are showing either. I've contacted Fitbit and they have said that my phone isn't a compatible device, even though my Ionic is the third Fitbit I've used on it and it was all working fine until today.   Would really like to sort it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

@Welsh_Alli, I did not sort this out myself. The problem went away on its own. I made two runs yesterday, just like I did when I started this thread. They both synced now. Including the map which you say you don't see.

The options @MarreFitbit gave did not solve the initial problem with the two runs I posted this thread about. My app on my phone AND the FitBit firmware were both up to date at the time and are now too. I still do not have the other run synced on my phone or pc application. I guess the first run is lost. Not a big deal for me since it is the only run so far.

@Welsh_Alli , What phone do you have? I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I do not have any other problems than the one I initially posted about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 👍 I've got a HUAWEI P9, which is the only phone I've used with all three of my fitbits with no problem until the map issue on the weekend, and that was working fine until then too. I've downloaded Strava app now, as that can link with the fitbit, and my route from Saturday is displaying fine on that.  It's just a bit annoying that the issue seems to have started for no reason. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is pretty unfair if they indeed do not support that phone. It is not very old and by the looks of it, runs a very recent Android version. I think FitBit needs to take a broader appoach if they really want their smartwatches to excell. Because in my opinion the app store is still slim of apps by "big" companies. They Should try and get more soon. I know they are working on it, but I don't know by how much.

Good that you found a workaround to your problem, eventhough it is kind of an hassle. Hope you can do it the way it is supposed to be soon since this is not what you axpect of a +-300 euro/dollar watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes