Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic is not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi me again.  My Ionic isn't syncing.  Any ideas.  Funnily enough the steps have synced, but nothing else has.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried a reset?

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SueM23! Have you tried what @supersmart01234 suggested? Are you still having connectivity issues? If so, I'd like you to make sure that your Fitbit Ionic is still connected to your Fitbit account. Maybe the tracker got unpaired and that's why it's not syncing? Also, check if the tracker is still appearing on the phone's Bluetooth settings. Smiley Wink

Keep in mind that a syncing difficulties may be caused by a missing requirement. Check the following:

Depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If those steps don't work, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Ionic by following these steps
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

Also, check this helpful article for more details about this. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you reset?

In the end I set up my watch again, linked to another email address, and it
worked!

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes