Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will dismissed notifications disappear from my phone and watch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok I understand what notifications I get but I'm wondering if I dismiss the notification from the watch or on my phone will it disappear from my phone and watch? Or do I need to dismiss both on the phone and the watch separately? Currently your devices don't sync when dismissed. Garmin and Apple when I dismiss or remove the notification from either the phone or watch it clears it in both spots...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I put this problem on the table for one year ago with no success. I will never understand why Fitbit it's the only producer who make smartwatches that won't let you dismiss notifications in the same time from the watch and phone.

Samsung do this with S3 on iPhone and Android, Garmin same, Apple on iOS etc. Only Fitbit doesn't want or doesn't know how to resolve this problem 😞

Anyway, on my S8 Active it's not working at all so... waiting for a firmware update for Blaze, using my S3...

Best Answer

To be fair to Fitbit, this is an Apple restriction, as I seem to recall I wasn’t able to dismiss notifications on my phone from my Pebble either, for the same reasons.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner The Fitbit Blaze has always allowed you to answer or reject a call coming into your iPhone. Actions are supported by Apple's open SDK (ANCS specification), each app specifies what actions are possible (like answering a call). Its a decision by Fitbit what to implement. You can implement the same feature on Android wear devices, or maker boards like Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

@Kevmar97 wrote:

Garmin and Apple when I dismiss or remove the notification from either the phone or watch it clears it in both spots...

and

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Samsung do this with S3 on iPhone and Android, Garmin same, Apple on iOS etc. Only Fitbit doesn't want or doesn't know how to resolve this problem

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera I was referring to the ability to clear a notification on the phone at the same time as clearing it on the watch. I seem to recall that was an issue with the Blaze as well, though I haven’t had one for over a year so happy to be told otherwise

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I was referring to the ability to clear a notification on the phone at the same time as clearing it on the watch.

@SunsetRunner Two people have posted it works with other devices, including Samsung and Garmin.

As discussed, iOS supports BT actions on notifications. However actions are optional, so if Fitbit doesn't implement it then its a Fitbit problem. Along the same lines, I won't be surprised if Fitbit drops support for answering iPhone calls on the Ionic. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera My mistake, I misread. I have been under the impression that it was not possible to clear notifications on an iPhone from a non iOS device. Now noted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a feature request for this on Blaze: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Clear-iOS-notification-center-from-Blaze/idc-p/2...

I suggest upvoting this one and/or creating a new feature request for this functionality on Ionic specifically. It's definitely weird that Fitbit doesn't do this when other manufacturers, including Garmin, do. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes