Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic does not receive text or call notifications..

I have rebooted, turned bluetooth on and off, switched them on and off.......

please assist or is this a common problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I am having the same problem! It's so annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Please see my reply to first post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sriii wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1dHO6rxEtI

.... Yeah, this is a great video..... But it doesn't work.  I've got notifications turned on, but haven't been getting anything as of yesterday.

I got my watch Friday got notifications after setting it up, then Friday night/Saturday didn't get anything.  Then Sunday it magically started working again.  And now as of yesterday it's not working. I've reset my fitbit, restarted the phone, turned Bluetooth off/on, turned off all day notifications and all day sync.  I'm starting to think it's just possessed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and also sometimes my watch will decide that it wants to turn notifications off (swipe right to see that they are still on).  Also make sure your apps are still selected to recieve notifications, they also like to uncheck themselves. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like the update from yesterday broke notifications. I can no longer select as for notifying. The app is stuck at the enable notification service.......

Best Answer

Please post your full specs.

I have no issue, I restart my phone every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Did you figure out a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Below video fixed for me...give a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1dHO6rxEtI

Learn how to personalize notifications on Fitbit Ionic so you can get the call, text, calendar and app notifications you love right to your wrist. See more at www.fitbit.com/how-to
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah- I tried that video. My app won't even give me those options. It is just stuck on a menu that asks me to enable fitbit notification, which is already enabled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jennarose wrote:

Yeah- I tried that video. My app won't even give me those options. It is just stuck on a menu that asks me to enable fitbit notification, which is already enabled. 

Try unpairing your ionic from your bluetooth on your phone.  It will reconnect.  Thus seems to be the fix for me.  I feel like if I go out of Bluetooth range it somehow messes it up.  It still shows as connected but I don't get notifications ubless I unpaired it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes on the screen with the time swipe right. Click on notifications

Sherri

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

after doing EVERYTHING described here Fitbit told me "oh there is an issue with the Iphone software and we are working on fixing the issue" that was 2+ weeks ago and still no notifications at ALL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Android phone.

It works on first day only

Now, i don't receive any notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Uruzu5 wrote:

I have the same issue with my Android phone.

It works on first day only

Now, i don't receive any notification.

This is the only way I can get notifications to work.  Go into your bluetooth settings, unpair (or forget) the ionic.  Then you have to go back into the fitbit app.  I have to do this daily to be able to receive notifications.  Also it seems that if you go out of bluetooth range from your phone, it seems to mess up the notifications again.  So I need to re-do the steps above and then it works again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting, check if all notifications being turned off when Bluetooth is off/on or go out of range/in range?  My Bluetooth is always on but I did experience one time when it was turned off, all the notifications (Fitibit app --> Ionic --> notifications --> app notifications) in Fitbit Ionic were unchecked (turned off). I did not try again though?

Best Answer
0 Votes