Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications - any way to suppress them if I'm using my phone when new notifications arrive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For example - I'm busily texting with someone on my phone.  Every time I get a text message back from them, I also get a notification on my Ionic. 

I don't need to be notified if I'm using my phone, I only want the notifications when I'm *not* using my phone. 

Samsung device has this option (only notify when phone is not in use), wondering if I'm just missing a setting somewhere for the Ionic. Thanks!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@SunsetRunner

From the clock screen on the Ionic, swipe left. You will see a screen with the battery status, "Screen Wake", and "Notifications" settings. Select the "Notifications" settings to turn notifications off. You can then manually turn them back on when you want to start receiving them on your watch again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well.. I don't want to turn them off because then I have to turn them back on when I'm done texting.  Because then I have to turn the off, on, off, on as I get text messages throughout the day.  That's just kind of fiddly.  There should be some smarts built in that, say, know when my phone is unlocked that I'm probably using it, and suppress notifications if phone unlocked = true. 

Best Answer