Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Ionic keep searching for GPS signal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been using this Ionic for a long time.  There is a trail that has mile markers that I frequent.  According to map my run and those markers I’m going three miles.  My iconic is logging it as four +.  It seems to search for the signal a lot during the walk and on the same route in the past it never did.  This is on clear days, no trees or buildings.  I wait for signal before starting.  I bought the iconic so I didn’t have to bring my phone so I do not connect during the walk.  Is this the problem?  Or is it just old, do I need a new one?  I read some other questions and maybe it’s the update?  I just don’t want to buy a new one and have the same problems. Please help, thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@SarahB11 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared and the research done prior to posting. 

Please double check the following information, this could affect that your Ionic connects to the GPS: 

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.

• Check that GPS is turned on for the exercise. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure that your device is charged to at least 80%.
  • Avoid trying to start an exercise with GPS several times in a row, which can prevent your device from connecting to GPS.

Since you have a Fitbit Ionic, there's no need to take your Ionic with you because it has built-in GPS. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes