Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only receiving "Basic Sleep Details" from my Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Fitbit Ionic for over a few months now, and I'm having issues with the Ionic only providing basic sleep data for Sleep Stages. I "may" receive the full data once or twice a week or so if i'm lucky. I have loosened it, tightened it, switch wrists as well as other suggestions from the Fitbit Help section for the Ionic and have not been able to resolve this issue. I even tried with/without wi-fi, sleeping with my phone in the bed with me as well as a few other "crazy" ideas I thought might help. I did not have a problem at all with sleep data while using my Alta HR, which I discontinued using for the Ionic. I went to the Ionic because I needed more functionality (GPS tracking, larger screen) and didn't want to wear a watch as well as the Alta HR.

I'm using the Samsung Note 8 (same as with the Alta HR) to run the app, and keep up with the firmware update; currently showing 27.31.16. I have the "All Day Sync" and the "Always Connected" selections on and is connected to my wi-fi. I'm not sure what else to do as I love the Ionic and don't want to go back to wearing 2 wrist devices. Any suggestions other than what is posted in your "help" section would be greatly appreciated as tracking my sleep is very important to me as well as the other information the Ionic provides in tracking and maintaining my health. 

Thanks,

LoneWolfWithin

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hmmm, the only thing that springs into my mind is the length of the sleep period.

If the Ionic sees less then 3 hours of sleep, it will not show extra info.

So does the Ionic show longer periods then 3 hours of sleep?

If so, then i also am at a loss here.

If it only shows shorter periods of sleep then 3 hours, then there is your reason for not showing the extra info.

But why it only shows/sees less then 3 hours, i can't say. 

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding,

All sleep tracked are 5 hours and greater with a sleep set of 7 hours.

This morning 8h 7m basic data; Sat 7h 19m basic data; Fri nothing (recharging); Thur 8h 5m basic; Wed 7h 38m full data; Tues 5h 49m basic; Mon 9h 0m full data; the week of 7-13 Jan, ALL basic data with sleep ranging from 6 hours to 10 hours; the week of 31 Dec 6 Jan, 6 Jan is full data 7h 26m and the rest of the days are basic data, with the shortest time of 8h 50m.

Similar tracking experienced during previous weeks since I got the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with mine!! I would appreciate if some one from fitbit can give us some advise as I tried similar things to  you to remedy. It is frustrating for me as sleep is the thing I struggle with that is hindering my health progression. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I did purchase and install one of the protective casings for the Ionic around the time I purchased it. Out of curiosity, I removed the protective casing it and began sending informative sleep data again. A week later, I reinstalled it, out of curiosity, and again, basic sleep data. I've had the protective casing off since and may have gotten one or two basic readings. Not sure this will help you, but if you have a protective cover, remove it and see if that makes a difference. Good luck! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes