Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing my Plantronics BackBeat FIT headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I have been having lots of trouble pairing my wireless headphones to my Fitbit Ionic. Every time I try to add a new device (my headphones) through bluetooth it says that no devices were found. I have the Plantronics BackBeat FIT headphones. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure if they pair or I have to buy a different brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try pressing your volume keys (keep clicking them for 3 seconds or something) it worked for me. And if that doesn't work then only try with the + Volume key and then the - Volume Key

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I had no trouble pairing mine. Did you put the headphones in pairing mode while searching for devices on the ionic? Thus power-off headphones, power on and keep pushing the power on button until a female voice says "pairing". Then try to connect the ionic. 

Best Answer

Got it! Thanks so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this doesn’t work in my case. Can it be a firmware issue? I shut Down my BBFit, activated it again and went straight to pair mode. In the settings menu of my Ionic I clicked to add devices and my Ionic kept on searching without succes a couple of times, but never found the BBFit, which stayed in pair mode the entire time. And which works perfectly with my iPhone by the way. I’m starting to get frustrated with this

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BRueckert Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the situation you are experiencing connecting your Bluetooth headphones with Ionic. Also, thanks for trying the steps provided on this thread in order to sort this out. 

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. Then, out the headphones on pairing mode and try to pair them again. This has helped other users in the past. 

Also, make sure no other Bluetooth devices are nearby. They may be interrupting the signal causing the pairing process to fail. If there are any other Bluetooth devices, please turn the Bluetooth off from them. 

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I've tried all of the above and it still isn't working, only brought it yesterday

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you Carnell ! your suggestion was very helpful & resolved my problem...

Best Answer

Do you have the Plantronics Backbeat fit? Were you able to pair with your Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where you able to resolve? I tried everything, restarts, shutdowns, nothing works. So my Backbeat Fits are not compatible? I saw something about certain Bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0 EDR. Could it be that the ionic and BBFits are on different Bluetooth waves? 

Please help. Someone out there ever get this to work? 

Best Answer

Try pressing your volume keys (keep clicking them for 3 seconds or something) it worked for me. And if that doesn't work then only try with the + Volume key and then the - Volume Key

Best Answer

Yes yes yes yes!!! Thank you! I’m running phone free! Amazing. 

Best Answer

Another Solution I found in the manual and which worked for me:

To enter pairing mode after the first pairing process, start with the headphones powered off and then press and hold the Power button until you hear "pairing."

Best Answer

This worked for me to pair my Fitbit Versa to my Backbeat Fit, thanks!

Best Answer

Thank you! This worked for me.

Best Answer

Hold the power button for a few sec starting from the OFF position to enter pair mode! YESSSSSS, thank you! I couldn’t seem to find this info on the plantronics website and it helped me pair with my new Garmin. Thank you 🙏 

Best Answer

Thank you.  This worked.  I just replaced my Backbeat headphones and was trying to pair them all night.  I was going crazy because my watch wouldn't recognize the device until powered down and then held the power on button until I heard "Pairing".  They don't explain that in the instructions. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue! It’s quiet annoying trying to pair. I’m not sure if it’s fit bit or the plt bb fit 2100. Thank you requesting for a solution.  

Best Answer
0 Votes