Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Always Updating - Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've seen a similar topic but no one has replied since March of 2018.  I have Pandora premium so I can listen to 3 stations from my watch.  EVERY time I plug my watch in it updates.  I understand it does this because my top stations are always changing.  However, anyone with Pandora on their Ionic knows that stations updates take FOREVER.  Is there a way to turn off the "update every time I charge" function for Pandora?  Sometimes I just want to charge for 20 or 30 minutes prior to a workout.  The update takes well over an hour in most cases, so that prevents me from using the watch (or at least the music function) when  I need a little bit of a charge.  One of the selling points for the Ionic vs other Fitbit models was the ability to play music without a phone.  The two issues I've had with it are both related to that function - this annoying update issue, and bluetooth connectivity issues (discussed in another thread).  Does anyone know of any solutions to this Pandora issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Lord_Hebron ,

The way I handle that is to leave the Ionic on the charger overnight, so Pandora has a chance to update. I don't do the short battery top-offs because I find they shorten the battery life over time.

Other than that, I don't know of any way easy way to prevent it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes