Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal steps not updating in community

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve noticed that the steps I’ve taken this morning are on my dashboard but not updating on my community page. I’ve turned blue tooth off/in and deleted Fitbit app then reinstated it. Still no update

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I’m having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I phoned the helpline and now my steps are updating, 5 hours later!!!! It’s still slow this afternoon but I’m not happy about the delay. Will it get worse????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Melwolf and @TNTTRT, hope you're doing great today! Thanks for letting me know about this issue. We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. I understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I’m sure there’s still something not quite right as it is still updating slowly on the friends community page.
Can you assure me that someone is looking to rectify this.
Kindest regards
Mel Wolfenden

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for you response. I’ve already tried everything that you have suggested. I’m still not having any luck. In your response you mentioned the issue may no be resolved in the immediate future. I truly hope this will be corrected very soon. It is very frustrating. This is a very important feature to me. I like my Fitbit Ionic but if this feature is lost or not fixed in a timely manner I may have to go with another brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been suffering the same problem since early this morning that I was aware of. I have taken all the steps you suggested but that has made no difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI- I am also getting the same issue, and the same unsatisfactory response about the fix not being available in the immediate future. My watch cost alot- so I would be grateful of a better customer service. When will this be resolved so 7 day steps updates? Please circulate the schedule.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My system is not updating in the friends community page.

This issue is tied to a software update performed in the last day by Fitbit.  Please correct your software.  I’m getting tired of issues caused by the lack of community software testing before release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue for the last few days. I think this is starting to branch out to more and more users. I can't believe this is such a huge issue that they have no idea how to come to a resolution- I wouldn't think it should be that hard to have their program add up the last seven days but...anyways, it's very frustrating to sync and then have the same number of total steps show in the community. I contacted fitbit via chat and got the same response that there was no resolution date as of yet..time will tell I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I phoned the centre 5 hours after I noticed no change on my community and miraculously it altered by the end of the phone call. It’s been ok this eve so far!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem & very frustrating!! Steps count on dashboard, on my challenge but not adding to community.... I guess I don't understand why not! Hope this gets fixed ASAP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had no probs yesterday afternoon or evening, so hoping just a glitch. Has made me doubt Fitbit now. No one really understands what’s happening. So no one can sort. So could happen again!!!!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

It has since updated overnight and is also updating this morning so hopefully the issue is now sorted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again, just been on a long walk I thought I would check again. Although my personal steps have increased. Nothing has once again updated on the community step count so it is still not resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing a little extra syncing today, & everything **seems** back to normal!! Hopefully,  everyone is having the same luck & it stays this way!! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation and reports on this thread regarding steps not updating on Community.

It seems that this is now working for some users. Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing the same?

If you are, be sure to check this post in which you will find some steps you can try in the meantime this gets sorted.

Thanks for your patience. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for the email & getting back to us! My steps have been adding to community with no problems!! Thank you for fixing the problem! 🙂

Best Answer

My steps are updating properly. Thank you for fixing the issue.

Best Answer
My steps are updating normally for the last 4-5 days.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer