Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add Soccer (football) mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout will tell you your pulse rate, calorie burn etc, but will not show you distance ran. This is of little help when playing soccer. You could use Run, but you will have a bunch of jumbled GPS lines. Fitbit if you are listening, please get a Soccer mode!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Misterbit. I did a search of the feature suggestion board and notice that this has already been suggested. 

Tracking football/soccer Option

Soccer Ft Surge

Best Answer

Hi @Misterbit. Good to see you in the community.

Have you tried using the run setting as you suggest, but tapping the little gear icon in the top left corner to customise the shortcut. In the menu that comes up you should be able to toggle GPS off. You should then be able to track using the run shortcut with the stats you want (HR, calories, distance) but without the map and GPS trace that you don't want. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yes I have tried that. And you shouldn't have to toggle GPS off each time.  Whether or not that hack works though, FB should have a category for soccer, if for no other reason since it is the most popular sport in the world.

Best Answer

Without gos, the distance will not be accurate since the wearer, durring soccer, doesn't have a consistent stride. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, understood but if I could label my workout "soccer" I wouldn't have to confuse it with my other workouts.

"Life is good" 🏃
Best Answer

@Misterbit   If you are still using your Ionic, you should apply for your refund because of the recall.  Fitbit recalled a different device several years ago.  Fitbit ultimately decommissioned it.  The recall was announced almost a year ago.  I expect Fitbit will announce it soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Misterbit you should be able to rename your workout after a sync. 

You can also vote for the suggestion 

Yes i suggest taking advantage of the recall. 

Best Answer