Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please be aware that your device is not compatible with IONIC. What do you think? .... take it back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please be aware that your device is not compatible with IONIC (https://www.fitbit.com/devices)

After a few twists and after a few chats... I get to the conclusion that this FitBit Ionic is a big scam.

Applications won't work including the new start of the bunch FitBit Pay or Wallet.

It doesn't work with Android 6.0.1 it doesn't work with Nexus 7 5.0.1

Support just tell you easily could you try in Another device like you have androids and iPhones lying around.

Android is not supported 

Windows 10 is not supported.

I will try in a MAC today but seems that it won't work because is not in the list of "approved" devices.

What do you think? .... I should take this pile of garbage back to the store.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry to hear that you have problems, but i hardly have any problems, and my phone is also NOT supported.

Most phones work, although i see a lot of messages about Samsung and iPhone that have problems.

Personally i like the watch, although i had more functionality in my old Pebble watches.

But Ionic as Smart watch with tracker functionality i am happy.

For the future: always keep your old phone, just in case you loose the current one (or drop it).

I always have at least 2 phones as backup, 1 for my wife and 1 for me. I did need this backup 'system' several times in the last 10 years, so i can advise this.

About Windows phones: there are more and more company's that don't support Windows Phones anymore (apps, connected hardware etc). That is a global problem and not only for Fitbit.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Alcatel OneTouch IDOL 3 (5.5") unlock for any Network.

Some people compare that better than iPhone 6 and better than Samsung 

Alcatel OneTouch IDOL 3 (5.5")

Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 8939 (64-bit capable)

16 GB

Ram 2GB

Max Storage SD 132Gb

Camera 13 megapixels

Front Cam 8 megapixels

OS Android 6.0.1

... and Fitbit says that is not Compatible.........Sorry but that is BS

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already complained that Fitbit is hiding behind a device list where more than 80% of other devices can't be bought in store any more. Only Android device from 2017 is the Samsung S8, just to give you an impression. 

Best Answer
0 Votes