Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please vote for FLAC support!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

It seems like you're piggybacking on an existing suggestion to add support for other streaming services. You should probably create your own suggestion instead.

Personally, I don't see much point in supporting FLAC on a device with only 2.5gb of storage (and which is meant to be used primarily while exercising)...

Best Answer

@mlindgren wrote:

It seems like you're piggybacking on an existing suggestion to add support for other streaming services. You should probably create your own suggestion instead.

Personally, I don't see much point in supporting FLAC on a device with only 2.5gb of storage (and which is meant to be used primarily while exercising)...

Are you a moderator? Yes that's exactly what I'm doing and have done. Others have been appealing for votes here as well.

Personally I don't see your problem, it's clear you don't use FLAC so why waste time piggybacking this thread with unhelpful comments and spend you time trying to stop somebody trying to make a positive effort. There is a media player facility and there is plenty of space to play music between charges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edited to put in correct link. Weirdly my original feature request disappeared so had to sort that out as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an extensive music library that uses several music formats including FLAC and .wma file formats.  FLAC is the highest music quality format.   Every time I have to convert from one format to another, it takes both time and I get a reduction in quality.   While FLAC has the largest file size, I am still able to get all the music I need to make music playlists that last for 6 hours and still fit in the memory capacity stated.  I don't run marathons so I don't need a music playlist that lasts longer than 6 hours.  

I think that having the capacity to play all the music formats .mp3, .mp4, .wma, and FLAC should be standard for these smart watches.   I do not want to subscribe to Pandora.   I want to be able to listen to the music that I want (Pandora only has a small fraction of the music that I listen to).  

My Android Samsung Galaxy smartphones have the ability to play any music format as well as any common audio book format file.   These Ionic devices are more expensive than my smartphone.   Why should I accept lesser functionality from a "smart watch" for that much money?

Best Answer

Not only Android (and has been for years), all the latest Apple devices, and latest iOS now support FLAC. Apple has finally woken up.

Best Answer

I wonder if it would be possible for a person to write their own media player for the Ionic with the app creator? Might be quicker...?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey wrote:

I wonder if it would be possible for a person to write their own media player for the Ionic with the app creator? Might be quicker...?

Very unlikely since the SDK is based on JavaScript.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Somebody wrote in the other thread that they tried FLAC and it worked!

Really??

Anybody here tried it or is this disinformation?

I'm not anywhere near a PC till next weekend now, pity because I really want to try it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JustChecking wrote:

I have an extensive music library that uses several music formats including FLAC and .wma file formats.  FLAC is the highest music quality format.   Every time I have to convert from one format to another, it takes both time and I get a reduction in quality. 

do you really need the highest quality format, although your bluetooth earplugs are unable to reproduce it ?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@JustChecking wrote:

I have an extensive music library that uses several music formats including FLAC and .wma file formats.  FLAC is the highest music quality format.   Every time I have to convert from one format to another, it takes both time and I get a reduction in quality. 

do you really need the highest quality format, although your bluetooth earplugs are unable to reproduce it ?

Did you fully read Dubpois's post? It takes too much time to convert.

My entire music collection is FLAC of course I need this format. I have thousands of CD's ripped to this for format. All my devices support this format apart from Fitbit.

Would you go to a MP3 user and say are you sure you need MP3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried uploading a 16-bit FLAC file.

@SunsetRunner, @SunsetRunner, @mlindgren @JustChecking, sorry it does not work. I was able to get mp3s to the watch no problem.

At least the app was smart enough to throw an error "file type not supported", so it saved me the time to upload it to the watch and then find out it doesn't play. So there's that.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@JustChecking wrote:

My entire music collection is FLAC of course I need this format. I have thousands of CD's ripped to this for format. All my devices support this format apart from Fitbit.

http://www.biggmatt.com/winff/

launch at night, and you will have all your mp3 at morning

no need to stay in front of your computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@JustChecking wrote:

http://www.biggmatt.com/winff/

launch at night, and you will have all your mp3 at morning

no need to stay in front of your computer

This is an enhancement request for FLAC support.

If you don't need it want it just don't vote 🙂

Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes