Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

@Morbius I agree, it really is strange how some people behave, you would believe their life depended on it. I too set a mental expectation of October, expecting anything before that and you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. If it arrives before then excellent, if not I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. My Blaze is still working flawlessly in the meantime. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

For me my surge strap has badly gone yet again, so was a case of Apple Watch or ionic. Surge is great feature wise but build quality is a total pile of pants! Hence want ionic ASAP so I can ditch this badly bubbled surge!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally I'm having fun with the anticipation and the surprise of not knowing when it'll ship. I've been checking this thread once or twice a day since the thread started, and it's fun to read the rumors and hearsay flying around. I was a little frustrated that Fitbit was saying 2-3 weeks for several weeks in a row, and that the customer support didn't seem to know what's going on. But only because it was hampering the fun I was having with 'the countdown'. I never once even considered canceling my pre-order. I mean, they haven't broken any promises yet. They said they'd ship them in 3-4 weeks, and we're 3.5 weeks since pre-orders started. I wish they'd be a little more forthcoming with the details of what's going on to make us feel more involved, but most companies don't do that, so I can't get mad that Fitbit doesn't. I mean ideally I'd love it if Fitbit would post updates on the progress toward shipping out pre-orders. And regardless, I'm happy that Fitbit is gonna ship them as soon as they get them, rather than picking an arbitrary release date and hoarding the things until that day (cough-Apple-cough lol)

From a marketing perspective, giving people who pre-order the device a little something special is a really good idea. Whether that means them getting the product a few days earlier, or getting an exclusive watchface or badge or whatever. It costs the company little or nothing, but it makes the really eager customers feel like they're special. So from that perspective I will be annoyed if the Ionics go on sale in stores before I get mine in the mail. It'll make me feel less appreciated. Not because a few days will make a difference in the grand scheme of things, or because I necessarily wanna feel superior to people who don't have them yet (ok, it's a little bit that, haha) but just because I'll feel like my eagerness and excitment was misplaced. Like I was duped into pre-ordering. Does that make sense at all?

Best Answer

@Pfalmer totally makes sense.

I am stoked as well, this is going to be my first fitbit/smart watch/fitness tracker ever so I am really excited. Plus, this is the biggest purchase I made for myself in years. I don't usually like buying myself expensive things so the anticipation is there for sure. That is why I totally get what @Pfalmer said.

Best Answer

Sorry if that sounded bad.  I meant I can't wait.  I also have surge band issues.

Best Answer
Yep, nicely put. 😎👍
Best Answer

@nicolle.goodman wrote:

Sorry if that sounded bad.  I meant I can't wait.  I also have surge band issues.

No need to explain yourself 🙂 I understand the excitement, I myself am looking forward to getting it. I've just been part of so many product launches now,  that from experience know that it's not worth getting stressed out about. These days I just place my order and mainly forget about it. It will arrive soon enough. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

These days I just place my order and mainly forget about it. It will arrive soon enough. 

I aspire to your level of zen! 🙂

Best Answer

@kristin_fardy wrote:

These days I just place my order and mainly forget about it. It will arrive soon enough. 

I aspire to your level of zen! 🙂

Oh believe me it's not easy, but it's essential for your own sanity haha.

Think of it this way. It's like clock watching at work, the day just seems to drag on forever. If you just forget about things though home time comes quickly. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
*First call Fitbit.* They do not deal in replacement bands but they can be
found easily on the net. I was 54 days out of warranty and they gave me the
choice of 50% off a tracker (not ionic) or a free Surge replacement. Not
refurbished. That was a no brainer, I took a new watch. Just last night I
installed a replacement band I received through Amazon. Get the kit with
the screw driver in it. There are Youtube videos entitled "Replacement
Fibit Surge Band." Very easy, just do it slow. There is a rectangular
sliver of an antennae that is lightly glued into the band that the videos
demonstrate how to remove from the old and where to replace it on the watch
body. It is sticky with glue and is easy to do. I paid $12.99. Band is a
dead ringer except the part that holds the end of the band in place does
not say FITBIT on it. You can swap them out.
Best Answer

Think of it this way. It's like clock watching at work, the day just seems to drag on forever. If you just forget about things though home time comes quickly. 

Ya, I haven't been part of a product launch since I bought my Pebble Steel 3 years ago, so for me it's more fun than stressful. Like an advent calendar, but without the candy, haha.

Best Answer

The only reason why I am worried is my Surge is on its last legs. It has been on my wrist for 2.5 years 24x7 I have hold the charger in place to charge, and it doesn't swipe anymore so I can't see my steps anymore, only on my phone!. So maybe in my case another day or so might matter 😂 I have been holding out for an upgrade to the Surge for the last 6 months, I refused to get another one as I really didn't like the look anymore but I needed GPS. Anyway it will be here soon! 👏

@Morbius wrote:

Im excited about the ionic, but I just dont get the anxiety of over its release date or who might get it a day earlier than someone else. I pre-ordered weeks ago with the understanding at the time that it would be out in October. It's still September. Last year when the Blaze came out there were people angsting the same way. People were wondering if they would get it first if they ordered from Fitbit or if they ordered from Amazon, canceling orders at one site and ordering at the other if they thought there was a chance they'd get it a day sooner (My Amazon order arrived on the same exact day as people received their order from Fitbit btw). My Surge still works (I hated the Blaze and gave it to a friend and went back to wearing the Surge), I'm still tracking my steps, monitoring my heart rate, tracking my sleep, logging and mapping hikes and runs with builtin GPS. Is getting the Ionic a day earlier or later really going to change my life or anyone else's that much?

I stick to my statement that pre-order is an inventory management method for manufacturer and distributors to gauge demand and production and delivery logistics, not a guarantee you'll get it before its in the stores.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like the Ionic begins shipping on Monday. I just saw an screen protector on Amazon that had a disclaimer saying it would be released on September 25th, which is this Monday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think that means anything. I have already ordered and received screen protectors from Amazon. Though, then again, it could..

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know of release dates for Australia?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JackieJ86 JB-HiFi are saying Oct 4th. My pre-order with Harvey Norman, the status is now "coming soon".

@JackieJ86 wrote:

Anyone know of release dates for Australia?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Replacement under warranty - yep and I am on my 5 in the 2 year period. Replacement strap by 3rd party yes know that too but why should pay to fix something that was clearly a fault product from the get go when there is a replacement product, that shouldn’t have the same issues as it’s a different desimg approach (replaceable straps) about to launch. Also no warranty discounts on the ionic which seem nuts as everyone would just select the surge anyway!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thinking is as I've ordered directly from Fitbit we should receive our watches prior to those who have ordered from other retailers plus not forgetting the 2 year warranty with Fitbit. 

I spoke to a fitbit advisor around 2 months ago and the whole company was excited and are aware of the want/demand for their smart watch so when I preordered on 29/08 it advised 3-4 weeks for shipment so that is 25/09! I'm sure the shipment will happen as fitbit is aware of the hype and expectation customers have so I'm sure they wouldn't give these timelines if they couldn't fulfill them. Fingers crossed 🤞 

thanks

Anna

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope that's the case because i irdered from Fitbit on the same date (29/8) so i hope they stick to the 3-4 week timeframe. However i went on the site today and clicked on preorder and the shipment time was stil 3-4 weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes