Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734
I wouldn't worry, I think this makes sense as there is high demand and remember you have been able to pre order for 4 weeks. Imagine how many they have to ship. So that makes sense.
However on the US website it says ships in 1 weeks for preorders - so is that a better customer service if you are in the US?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also emailed fitbit customer services today to ask about shipment on my order so will let you know.

thanks

Best Answer

If you are based into the US and have a preorder, they start shipping next week. This looks to be fairly consistent messgage we’ve all got from fit bit support. However if you are outside of US then looks like early Oct.I am UK and cancelled my pre order with Fitbit (ordered with express delivery on 29th Aug ) as was told still 3-4 weeks, so I’ve gone with Very as delivery uk customers by 30th Sept so at east I know. The lack of clear info from Fitbitvwas frustrating and especially as I originally paid for express delivery!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

If you are based into the US and have a preorder, they start shipping next week. This looks to be fairly consistent messgage we’ve all got from fit bit support. However if you are outside of US then looks like early Oct.I am UK and cancelled my pre order with Fitbit (ordered with express delivery on 29th Aug ) as was told still 3-4 weeks, so I’ve gone with Very as delivery uk customers by 30th Sept so at east I know. The lack of clear info from Fitbitvwas frustrating and especially as I originally paid for express delivery!!

To be honest I wouldn't really trust what a 3rd party seller says to be accurate. I would imagine at this point its just more of an estimate. It wouldn't surprise me if very haven't even received any stock yet.

To Fitbit's defence they did say October for the UK during the announcement, so I would just aim for that time frame rather then anything a 3rd party has said to avoid any disappointment. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I preordered on the 31st, with what was labeled as  2 -3 week wait until shipping, this is what I got today.

Thanks for providing us with your order number, Bryan. Upon checking, we noticed that the expected shipping time for the Ionic has been pushed back. Currently, the device is expected to ship in 3-4 weeks. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and we ask for your patience. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Don't expect them any time soon (if ever)

Best Answer

The main problem is that Fitbit chose to announce the product prematurely, I believe in the early stages of production. I'm guessing this was to try and limit damage from the AW3 announcement that was imminent. Unfortunately that means there is a long wait between product announcement and the release. I just hope this doesn't mean the product is rushed through production with lots of defects. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

The UK 3rd party sellers in this case are actually Fitbit official partners and are working  all to the same release date of the 2nd Oct.

i agree with what you say when it’s just 1 or so sellers, but when all the official partners quote delivery on the same release day.... it must be coordinated and official. However.... dates can be changed if problems occur.

PC World uk also now shows out of stock but release on the 2nd Oct in line with the others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that 2nd October is the date being quoted by most of the retailers, which is why I'm skeptical about Very's date of 30th September. I know it's only a couple of days, but seems more like an estimate when all the others are saying the 2nd.

Honestly though I don't expect to receive mine until well into October at the earliest. I think we will start to see those 2nd October dates slipping back. I'd love to be wrong though 🙂

I also think US customers will be getting theirs before us UK customers. Fitbit said exactly that in the press release. Again, I'd love to be wrong.... 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

German retailers are saying it will be available from 2 October.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was direct from Fitbit, I ordered from their store.

The comment came from their customer services dept.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cweord wrote:

This was direct from Fitbit, I ordered from their store.

The comment came from their customer services dept.

That makes 0 sense, where are you located?  Their website still shows "ships within 1 week".

I just called Fitbit and their customer service told me "it will ship within 1 week".  May be due to your country. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UK, This is the website data

Fitbit Pre-Order Redacted.jpg

And their twitter commentFitbit Twitter.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cweord wrote:

UK, This is the website data

Fitbit Pre-Order Redacted.jpg

And their twitter commentFitbit Twitter.JPG

This is clearly a UK issue only.  For those in the US, the website shows within 1 week and customer service may told me the same thing on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im confusing. What country are you talking about?  Im in Australia and pre ordered on 29 august 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked my order status on Amazon; everything looking good so far.  🙂

IonicShipDate.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

The twitter comment was Fitbit's reply to me this morning when I asked why my device had not shipped yet.

I was told there was a 3 - 4 week delay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke with customer service here in the US. I'd ordered my watch on 9-1-17. They just confirmed that my order will ship by next Friday (9-29-17). Also they upgraded my shipping to expedited when I asked for it.

Best Answer

I tried called, got a message saying I had a more than 10 min wait, so hung up (I am at work, I don't have that much time)

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_9289.PNG

Here is what I was told just now 

Best Answer

@cellophanecerea wrote:

Also they upgraded my shipping to expedited when I asked for it.

This pisses me off to hear. I pay for expedited shipping but they just hand it out like candy when someone inquires about a ship date? 

Best Answer