Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

I'm sorry but no one knows this. Just sometime in Oct.

Fitbit store says 2-3 weeks

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also I see entries on amazon (prime delivery) saying this item will be released in the 2nd of October, and if you pre order you will get it on the release day.  That ties in with the major stores too 

I live chat the  Fitbit support in the US again, and was told no dates yet - just the 3 - 4 weeks delivery from point of order.

The gotcha I face now is that the Apple Watch 3 is now out and ships on the 22nd Sept, I'm super tempted to cancel my iconic pre order as for cycling the new Apple Watch 3 would be brilliant especially with the new cell support from the watch = can leave my phone  at home and just use watch with music, gps, Strava, and cell phone. Also I get it before the iconic comes out plus not much more in terms of cost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If sleep tracking is important to you; I'd stick with the Ionic. If sleep tracking isn't important I'd go for the AW. I was torn like you; until I thought about the 4 days of battery life for the Ionic and the more advanced health metrics, but there are horses for courses. 

Best Answer

@dermbrian wrote:

Does anyone have experience with other fitbit rollouts?  Does fitbit ship/deliver to end users before their retail partners get the product?  I want the best shot at receiving on or before October 3rd, due to a planned vacation.

Through Fitbit, you will get your order shipped in about 2-3 weeks from the date you preordered. As for Amazon preorders, you will get it on the release day, which is October 2nd. Don't forget to select Release-Date Delivery at checkout. You can find more information about Amazon preorder here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200180350

& here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910640

So, I am thinking anywhere else is going to be the same as Amazon. Fitbit is still waiting for their stock to come in and when they do then they will start shipping to those who preordered and I believe other retailers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an option on Amazon, as of right now at least, to specify release day delivery.  I added the Ionic to my cart and proceeded to checkout.  On the checkout screen it just shows the usual delivery options, with PRIME being one of the choices.  It states release date is still not known.

I live in the Dallas area, and I can get PRIME NOW 1 hour delivery on a lot of items and same day on even more.  I guess I'll keep watching.  If I can't get it on October 2nd, I can wait a lot longer.  I have a Garmin VivoActive and a TomTom Spark.  I've been wanting to get into the Fitbit universe, and the Ionic looks like a nice option that could last me several years.

Just curious, where are you located that you're seeing a release-day delivery option? 

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I didnt see the date for the Ionic on Amazon but if you go to the links thats what they say for Amazon preorders. There are a few different places that said that the release date is on October 2. 

Someone else talked about it in another thread, which you can see here Preorder/Release Date 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK.  I'm guessing that the October 2nd date is only valid in Amazon.uk, not for us in the US yet.

I'll keep watching for it to change.  There's definitely no mention of a date here yet, and the product does not show up on the preorderable release-date delivery items link.

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what's it's worth, hoping this translates to the ship date:

DC Rainmaker: My usual in-depth review will be released on/about September 25th, which is the date Fitbit ‘allows’ anything with the word ‘review’ (per media embargo).
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks.
Looking forward to getting mine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@kenjamin that's exactly what I wanted to add but I didn't want to be wrong because I also thought that they didn't want them to do a review just yet because they wanted the people who got theirs early to get a better perspective of it because they wouldve had theirs for a month. So doing the in depth reviews a week before the actual release date would drive up sells. Which is pretty smart because even just the overview about the Ionic got me excited to preorder it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't plan on having this by October 1. Fitbit wisely said IN OCTOBER in a press release. That means it is not likely to be early October.

This is interesting. For those just reading answers today after 12 September, note, the website has said 2-3 weeks for two weeks now. I would go with sometime after mid-October. I have spent a few weeks trying to find out when it will ship and website hasn't changed it's "2-3 weeks." I think that was just an artificial expectation. It is now 2 weeks later. Also, the other retailers don't have dates either. It is a new release. Many things can go wrong. The pre-order is a good idea. It will help the Fitbit company plan for production.

Very excited regardless of when it shows up.

Best Answer

One user named The_Big_Ragu from stocktwits.com says his order just got shipped and so he should be receiving in few days. He ordered as soon as Fitbit opened the pre-orders.

https://stocktwits.com/symbol/FIT

Best Answer

@tnarro wrote:

Don't plan on having this by October 1. Fitbit wisely said IN OCTOBER in a press release. That means it is not likely to be early October.

This is interesting. For those just reading answers today after 12 September, note, the website has said 2-3 weeks for two weeks now. I would go with sometime after mid-October. I have spent a few weeks trying to find out when it will ship and website hasn't changed it's "2-3 weeks." I think that was just an artificial expectation. It is now 2 weeks later. Also, the other retailers don't have dates either. It is a new release. Many things can go wrong. The pre-order is a good idea. It will help the Fitbit company plan for production.

Very excited regardless of when it shows up.

I dont think the 2-3 weeks on the pre-order page will change until after release date because that is the estimated time from when you preorder. So if you preordered it in the begining of September that would be 2 to 3 weeks from the date you preorder and same if you ordered today, you would get it shipped in 2 to 3 weeks. If that makes sense. 

Best Answer

I plan to buy a Ionic as my father's birthday gift, which is at the 3rd week of Sept. Pls keep me update the release date. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also think the same. It is an actual expected delivery time if you order today. Those who ordered earlier will receive it within the mentioned 2-3 week after the order was placed. I think it will not change immediately at the time of market release but probably within a month or maximum two, when the production rump up (with fulfilling the pre-orders) it will decreased for a few days or will be available from stock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered mine today through my catalog service and the delivery states "by September 30th" so banking on it being the last week in September

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer

From past product releases does anyone know how long after Fitbit starts shipping out that the new product will physically be in other stores? I would like to see the colors in person first but not sure how long I will have to wait. Also, Do they typically run newest releases on Black Friday sales or other sales at other stores? Do you think it will be in Costco or Sam's club before Christmas?

Best Answer

Ok seeing more major outlets are saying pre order for delivery on day of launch - 2nd October.

i think its very safe to day the official delivery date is the 2nd Oct and major outlets either online or in store have been told by Fitbit not to ship before - so all launch at same time.

PS Fitbit said they would refund me the experdited delivery 🙂

so 2nd of October it looks guys 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also from more google searches I see more results saying 2nd October:

Best Buy in Canada:

Fitbit Ionic Watch - Blue/Grey/Silver : The Fitbit Ionic is not just about movement ... Free delivery arrives as early as Oct 2nd View delivery options.

Amazon uk:

delivery on release day on 2nd October.

i see a common date coming up;) got to stop searching for release dates as getting obsessive as doing this each day  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

But still no US retailer release dates.  Hopefully they'll flip that switch soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes