Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

I just ordered. Says ships in 2-3 weeks. Also someone indicated that theirs is "in the mail," so happily I may have got this a little wrong. Some people may see an Ionic in the month of September. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Preorder it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tnarro wrote

Also someone indicated that theirs is "in the mail"

Where did you see that? I'm getting more and more excited!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tnarro wrote:

Some people may see an Ionic in the month of September. 

People who ordered it the first week had better get it in September. My order was on 8/29 and it said 3-4 weeks.  That means 9/19-9/26 shipping.

If fitbit cannot meet this promise then I would be sorely disappointed.  Nothing more frustrating than false promises. 

Best Answer

Target.com now says "preorder, releases on 10/1".

Best Answer

I pre-ordered mine on the day it was announced, 8/28. Haven't received any updates yet. I'm skeptical of claims that some people's orders have already shipped. I know I'm impatient, but I wish Fitbit could just give us an exact date that shipments will start on. The Apple Watch Series 3 is pretty tempting, and it ships on September 22!

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote on this thread All About Fitbit Ionic

When will Ionic begin shipping to customers and retailers?

Ionic is scheduled to begin shipping in September 2017 in the US and Canada.

When will Ionic be available internationally?

Fitbit Ionic will be available in some international regions in October, and around the world in 2018.

So it should be soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you  have a link to where this information is posted re September as Canada is 2nd oct release date with likes of Best Buy taking pre orders for delivery on the 2nd October release day.  Ok in reality it's only a couple of days difference, however Fitbit Communications are fairly rubbish here with the 2-3 weeks statement since late Aug, not announcing a available from date - but major outlets ARE stating.

Also there is a global embargo on revewers saying the word "review" in any posts until end of Sept (they can say anything- just not say it's a review lol).

fitbit must have  set a co-ordinated global shipping date which outlets will have to stick to - so totally nuts there customer service say they have no info to give on shipping days. Come on fit bit - sort out your communications - as you have some serious competition in the market place at the same time!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Yes the link is there, click where it says "All About Fitbit Ionic" it will take you to the thread and it will be at bottom of that post. 🙂 I know I wish they would put a specific date too so I'm not checking my email every hour of the day to see if I got a shipping confirmation lol but I guess they dont even know when their preorders are going to ship because they are still waiting for their shipment to come in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting-  please can you post the link into the chat here as on the Fitbit web site I just see learn more links or per order and they have the 2 -3 weeks statement.

I can then ask Fitbit to clarify if that link is correct and therefore - will they will release shipping before all the other major outlets who are all shipping for delivery on the same day in October according to their websites (as Fitbit then be "upsetting" their resellers who are all locked into the same co-ordinated dates) but we get it sooner 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner it was in the comment I posted a few replies up where I mentioned ErickFitbit's post but I will post the full link here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/All-About-Fitbit-Ionic/m-p/2121495#M5m/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/ionic/message-id/1270

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm...I ordered on September 1st (2 weeks from today) and PayPal just now registered the transaction as pending...I'm hoping that means something is about to ship as it looks like Fitbit put the charge through!

Best Answer

yay that sounds like good news! keep us updated if it ships!

@minigno wrote:

Hmm...I ordered on September 1st (2 weeks from today) and PayPal just now registered the transaction as pending...I'm hoping that means something is about to ship as it looks like Fitbit put the charge through!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@minigno wrote:

Mine says pending as well! 🙂

Best Answer

Ok I just talked to Fitbit support in the US and this is what was told:

What you see is an authorization hold. We don't charge until the watch has shipped.

There is still 3-4 weeks and no shipping dates yet and still all orders are on back order.

When I preordered on the 29th I also paid extra for express delivery. Today Fitbit support confirmed it just means delivery is 2-3 biz days after shipping.

However I also have found out from elsewhere that major retailers are shipping for co-ordinated delivery on the Monday 2nd October RELEASE DATE and with free delivery.

So therefore I can pre order and get free delivery via partner outlets for deliver on the actual the release date. Sadly it was not clear if orders direct with Fitbit will be, is that 2-3 days from start of October- no idea as no word when when shipping is 😞

Also it looks like I can go into the shops on the 2nd oct release day and pick one up, so I get to look at one for real and see if I still want one, or pre order from one of the retailers 

So to end this long posting -I have cancelled my order and instant instant refund (as was just authorised hold) and I will now  will just get one on the 2nd. At least now I know when I will get mine and no waiting in for deliver lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking again at PayPal I do see it now marked as Sept 1st as the order, but I could have sworn it hadn't been there until today and I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday (I may be a bit obsessive about this) so the timing seems curious. And it's right on top so I don't think it's a case of me just missing it the past couple of weeks.

The only issue I have with your statement about being 3-4 weeks out is that my confirm email says (and I'm cutting/pasting): "Ships in 2-3 weeks from order date 9/1/17".  So if what you say about other retailers having this available on October 2nd and Fitbit not shipping...well something seems off there.

Now Fitbit customer support, from what I see, aren't always on top of things and may not be working with correct information.  So it's either a case of that, or Fitbit over promising on delivery...both of which are very possible.  Still it's just a wait and see situation.

Best Answer

Yep it's all very messy and confusing, but I would expect the support to know as they are official fit bit :).Only thing which looks for sure is the retailers preorders are confirming delivering on oct  2nd. So I will now will get one on release day. At least now I know when I will get mine and no more pressure of checking for emails for any news 🙂 2nd October (and saving on express deliver) here I come 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No offense to customer support, but I doubt they know more than we do at this point. If Fitbit had specific shipping dates, they'd probably have announced them publicly.

Best Answer

I just spoke with customer support and they even said that they dont know when the ship date or even release date is yet. I even mentioned what the Customer Service Rep said to you and she said she is sure that none of them would have said that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

lol answer to that is a firm no. I'm not sure what part they wouldn't have said, as we are all seeing a similar message from the customer support:

1. They say no shipping or delivery dates known to them yet, only the same 3-4 weeks statement.

2. Pre order payments are authorisation hold  and are not taken until shipping date.

As for the retailers are saying pre order for delivery on 2nd oct / release date - you can google this yourself (best buy Canada / Argos  U.K. / amazon UK).

I'm getting one but now either in person or might opt retailer preorder as then takes the tress out of not knowing the shipping date and have saved on express delivery 🙂

final point is I really do like Fitbit support, and find them really great - it's why I've remained with the brand for so long and invested in so much of their kit. In the end if they don't have the info to share then they can't I guess. We're all super eager 🙂 so hang in there as delivery is not going to be more than a couple of week away, regardless if you buy direct or one of the retailers, that we know at least that for sure 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes