Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

Having preordered the ionic the day after it was announced I will be majorly pissed off if I don't get it before Tesco or John Lewis has it. 

Best Answer

I was getting way too stressed checking emails and not knowing, it's the only reason I changed how I am getting mine so at least I have a date and no more stress. Never know I might have messed up and fitbit could ship before the retailers pre orders so you guys now get yours before me. Lol. But can't see it being much difference either way :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed some of your British spelling haha, so that could explain some of the difference.  The US has stated shipping to start in late September (see earlier in this thread) so I think that is one big difference in the dates.

However, the point about no one really knowing still stands true, so I can the logic in your strategy 🙂

Best Answer

Lol true 🙂

it will be interesting to see how pans out, and we'll all be jealous if you guys get them first - please just don't buy all the available stock so none left for us here 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner sorry I said that, I think I was just getting frustrated with Customer Support telling us different things.

To be honest, I don't think some of the support team knows anything. I contacted them about downloading music and about the Ionic manual and she told me that the Ionic manual hasnt been released yet lmao I was staring right at it and I was like wtf is this "Non Ionic User Manual" then? I even gave her the link to it. She didnt know anything about syncing and downloading music and had to ask her team about it.

She also looked at my order and said since I ordered on Aug 29 that it should be within 2 weeks. I copied our chat conversation just so I have documentation and can read back on what she said so I don't leave anything out.

What is making me a bit confused is how does other retailers know when their shipping and/or release date is when Fitbit Customer Support doesn't?

Don't get me wrong those Fitbit does have a great support team otherwise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ordered on 08/28 (day that pre-order opened up) and I just checked with customer support and was told it will ship in 2-3 weeks. Doesn't make any sense. They must go by whatever the current pre-order says. Otherwise I am assuming they padded the projected shipping dates during pre-order because of the Apple Watch 3 release this week. 

Best Answer

Now here's something funny.  Amazon.com (US) still does not show a release date for the Ionic itself, but if you look at the optional leather band, that band has a release date of October 1st. 

Hopefully they'll update and notify on my preordered Ionic soon.

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the Blaze came out, I picked one up at my local BestBuy the day it was available there. The people that preordered it where still waiting for theirs. Many of them cancelled their preorders and picked one up at the store.

That is why I posted earlier in this thread that I am going to wait until it comes to the stores.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bcalvanese wrote:

When the Blaze came out, I picked one up at my local BestBuy the day it was available there. The people that preordered it where still waiting for theirs. Many of them cancelled their preorders and picked one up at the store.

That is why I posted earlier in this thread that I am going to wait until it comes to the stores.

That did not happen near me.  Best buy was sold out for a few weeks after release. Add to that the fact that best buy still has not even listed a release date would wry me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd be gutted if this happened again this time then!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Buy Canada has them preorder for delivery on the 2nd Oct.

I'm on my 4 or 5 blaze in the last 2 years. Strap kept breaking. Glad the new iconic has exchangeable ones - however is/was great for mountain biking and the warranty support from fit bit is amazing so I'm chilled about buying something brand new.

in the end of the day it's safe to assume that delivery will be around the 2nd Oct - bonus if it's early but I've switched to buying mine from a retailer that has 2nd delivery or in store on the day - so no stress anymore as to when I will get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I am leaning toward doing.  I want it for my half marathon on 10/1 and since that won't happen, it will be a present for finishing my half 🙂  I will pick it up in whatever store has it in stock on 10/2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I'm on my 4 or 5 blaze in the last 2 years. Strap kept breaking. Glad the new iconic has exchangeable ones - 

You know the Blaze had exchangeable bands, right.... For as little as $10 delivered from eBay.

Surely you must have meant the SURGE? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read a ton of messages here and elsewhere. I think I saw it on stocktwits.com. I don't know if it is credible. I still think no one will see one in September. I am back to being skeptical that any will arrive before early October, despite people ordering in early Sept with 2-3 week delivery notices. I ordered mine for expedited delivery on 13 Sept, and have no insight from Fitbit yet about delivery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love Apple products and I would not buy an Apple Watch 3 over the Ionic because I don't want to charge my tracker every night when I actually would prefer to get my sleep tracking. Even if the Watch3's last two days, it is still too annoying for me, particularly when I am on long hike weekends. I For one am willing to wait the extra week or two for a better tracker.

Best Answer

I hate to burst your bubble, but pending status just means that they entered it (i.e., verified your payPal credentials), Fitbit has stated it won't complete the transaction until the product actually ships, so you need to see a completed transaction to know it has shipped.

PayPal Pending Explained

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, expedited delivery doesn't mean anything until it actually ships.  Once it ships it will get there at a faster rate than ones' with normal delivery that have shipped on the same day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it, knew it, understood it (and others have already mentioned that)...but the fact they didn't do that for two weeks (the pending check didn't show up for two weeks) got my hopes up a little that it would be shipping *soon*, not that it had shipped.  Probably meaningless in the end.

Best Answer

If you go to Best Buy site to pre-order the Ionic, it says the Release Date is not yet announced...

Best Buy.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry wrote:

If you go to Best Buy site to pre-order the Ionic, it says the Release Date is not yet announced...

Best Buy.jpg

Is there an echo in here? I just did that 3 hours ago. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes