Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

What did you pay?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weird why the us best buy site doesn't say but the Canada one does. Same with amazon uk site stating 2nd like Canada Best Buy but not the US amazon site.

oops yes ment my surge and not blaze sorry.

On the payment the previous poster was correct in that fit bit don't take payment until shipping confirmed for your delivery until then its authorisation hold on your credit card,

express delivery is not that it will ship faster, only devivery is faster 2 to 3 days faster post shipping.

last couple of points were confirmed to me by customer support as I originally ordered via fit bit on 29th Aug with express delivery and has 3-4 weeks deliver. I ran into same issues with no info re shipping (in fact it would have been 3 week from point of order this coming Tuesday!!) hence why I cancelled and switched to a retailer order as free delivery arriving on release date. I had same back order issued with my last surge. 2-3 weeks tumed into a month! At least no stress now.

Try some google searches as its interesting what you see, the places with dates all seem to point to the 2nd, others no dates at all. Press releases seem to be mixed with some saying from early October others not saying etc. It's a bit messy but what you do find (mostly Canada and UK point to 2nd, but I don't see dates on any US dates. If the US was quicker release like I would expect, why no dates yet?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good product

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got done with a chat session with support.  While they don't disagree with the shipping of 3-4 weeks after preorder (which for me makes it 19-28 th of September), they say my order will ship in the first week or two of October.  So much for what they say when we preorder.

Best Answer
0 Votes
😡😡😡😡

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't agree more...

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah it sucks, I guess it just is what it is. Cat Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

If they padded the shipping date for pre-orders and it really doesn't ship until 1-2 weeks into October, then might as well pick one up retail and cancel the pre-order. Can't stand it when manufacturers can't stick to their expected shipping dates (FYI - I ordered via Fitbit site on 08/28).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The release dates have not been communicated well by Fitbit. This is just frustrating and NOT good for loyal customers preordering on a major product release!

I wish they would have been like apple and gave a CLEAR shipping /available from date!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted the customer support because I could not check the actual status of my order and I asked also about the possible shipping dates. I asked also about shipments before 2nd of October.

Even though he could not give me an exact date for shipping I received the info that US shipments starting with the beginning of this week (practically today) and Europe shipments probably at the beginning of the next week. Mine will be shipped hopefully also around that date.

I would be curious to see how many of you who is located in US will receive an email about the shipping. Please share it with us if you receive it, than we will know that the info was correct and shipments are started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered my Ionic via Amazon Prime; I opted for the standard shipping and have been apprised my expected delivery date is 04-Oct-2017.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shipbo, are you in the US?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, New Hamster.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disregard the same question I posted on the other thread. I'm also NH 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with you. If they can't deliver on the promise, why even get the ionic. I preordered mine since I'm wanting to switch back from Apple Watch (nothing wrong with Apple Watch) but if they can't fulfill promise, might as well cancel order and just get me the new Apple Watch.  I would think fitbit would be smart and would give an official date sooner than Apple Watch's delivery date.  Just my opinion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_9172.PNG

This is what I was told today. I ordered on the 28th

Best Answer

Awesome!!!!!'nn

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a huge Fitbit fan, like many others here, but am disappointed in the communication. 

I ordered my ionic on the 30th and have heard nothing since. I walk through Cardiff city centre everyday and could pick one up on the release day, was close to cancelling my order and doing just that.  But the news that they are potentially sent to us this week is great. All we're asking for is some clarity on when we'll receive them! 

Best Answer
I'm a huge Fitbit fan, like I'm sure many others are here. But I'm disappointed in the communication! Having ordered the Fitbit day after release I want it before I could get it from a shop. I walk through Cardiff city centre everyday to work, so could pick it up release day, not wait for release day for it to be sent out. Pondering wether to cancel the order now and pick it up on my way to work.

All we're asking for is a bit of clarity!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05 wrote:

IMG_9172.PNG

This is what I was told today. I ordered on the 28th

Believe it when I see it. 

Best Answer