Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

IMG_2004.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

@Bunnybear_05 wrote:

IMG_9172.PNG

This is what I was told today. I ordered on the 28th

Believe it when I see it. 

Well after seeing this and the message that it's going out on Monday, I reached out to fitbit chat..at first they said Fall delivery and I replied with a descriptive "WHAT" only to get a quick reply back that my order should be delivered within that 2-3 week time frame.....Its just sounds like the left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hand is doing...very frustrating.  

Best Answer
J.P.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@carlriley8 wrote:

IMG_2004.PNG

This could make sense, 24 days after 8/29 would be 9/21.  This matches the other chat above showing shipping by Monday, 9/25.  Hoping for the best..... I do think it will be set by before they are in retailers, otherwise it is a major fail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered mine via Amazon Prime too, but haven't heard from them on a shipping date yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the Ionic be released? Also if I pre order it on Amazon will I get it at the end of September?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goyanks336 wrote:

When will the Ionic be released? Also if I pre order it on Amazon will I get it at the end of September?

Read any of the prior 5 pages.  No one knows for sure. 

Best Answer

Yes, where did you see that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!  I ordered on August 28th and mine said 3-4 weeks, which puts it anywhere between now and next Monday!

Best Answer

Regarding the amazon question - I can't advise about US, but from a google search I see that UK amazon pre-orders look to be delivered on Monday 2nd October (note on site saying  "for delivery on release day", so I guess US Amazon would be similar time. At least it's safe to use the 2nd as a baseline.

Also... don't forget that shipping is not same as delivery date, as delivery date would be a couple of days after shipping date (check what the web site says on that point).

I do hope everyone on preorder does get there delivery first, but for me it was too much stress with the rubbish info from Fitbit (I had the same with my surge delivery in the past when it was on back order and took a month!) So this time round I switched to a retailer preorder as know the delivery date so stress gone 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My delivery in the UK from Very.co.uk is still stating that I will receive the item by the end of September. But I suppose that will depend when Fitbit ship to the suppliers. I copied the details below

Order Placed Delivery by Saturday 30 September (Delivery date checked on 18/09/2017).

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, you do know Apple stated in their release that the new Apple watch will last a whole 18 hours without needing a charge.  Not to mention if you have the cell version you will have even LESS battery life.  Secondly the FitBit is considered the best fitness tracker on the market.

Best Answer

@tcza84 wrote:

FYI, you do know Apple stated in their release that the new Apple watch will last a whole 18 hours without needing a charge.  Not to mention if you have the cell version you will have even LESS battery life.  Secondly the FitBit is considered the best fitness tracker on the market.

The 18 hours is merely an estimate doing several activities. Many of us can get a day and half or almost 2 days out of our Apple Watch batteries. I put my on the charger while I shower and get ready for the day and it easily still has 40% battery the next morning. 

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/12/apple-watch-series-3-battery-life/amp/

Best Answer

FYI you do know that Apple is conservative on battery estimates. Last year for Series 2 launch they stated 18 hours, and both reviews and real-world use people were seeing 2 days typical. I have a Series 0 and usually end the day with 40% battery. Battery life has not been an issue, and I've even tried using it for sleep tracking (honestly people give your wrist a rest and use a phone app instead).

(the 18 hour estimate is based on 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30 minute workout with music playback from Watch to bluetooth headset.)

In the past it was really inconvenient to put Fitbit trackers on a charger. I'm really happy to see that charging Ionic its going to be a lot easier!

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's horses for courses - Apple Watch vs Fitbit ionic - it comes down to usage and eco systems.  There is no default right answer as it depends on your personal use requirements.

i just hope it doesn't keep falling apart like the surge did!!!

Best Answer

Both are good devices! I'd love to own both Series 3 and Ionic, but with kids in college and my cycling hobby (tools and tire upgrades) I'm stuck with my original AW for now 😞 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't agree more: horses for courses. I plan to hack the hell out of this watch, but I have a programming background and that appeals to me. I realize that doesn't appeal to everyone. The ionic is the perfect watch for me; others will have a different calculus. Just the way it is. I'm just thrilled we have choices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received mine today

--

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

@DanSer wrote:
I received mine today

Holy crap, first confirmed receipt!   How about a picture?

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@DanSer wrote:
I received mine today

Wait, you actually got the device, or you got an email that it had shipped?

I preordered on the morning of 8/28 as soon as the device was announced. Still no shipping email here 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes