Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

I just chatted with customer service. I ordered mine on 8/28. And the person I chatted with said "I personally haven't seen any order that has already shipped." So I am not sure how @DanSer got it already...

Alex (9/20/2017, 12:43:58 PM): Hi Stevi, my name is Alex. How can I help you?
Me (9/20/2017, 12:44:51 PM): Hello. I wanted to ask when my order is anticipated to ship? My order number is [ordernumber]. I am hearing many rumors that some have received their order, and others say that they have had shipping notifications. I have not received anything yet and wanted to check. Thank you for your help.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:45:46 PM): I'll be glad to provide you with a notification of your order.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:45:56 PM): Thank you for the confirmation number of the order.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:47:05 PM): Your Fitbit Ionic™ (Burnt Orange/Slate Blue) is in the last week of the Pre-order status, and you should be receiving a notifications of the order this week, later on Monday.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:47:37 PM): That is when the 4 weeks of pre-order are done. You'll be getting an email with the notification, and a tracking number.
Me (9/20/2017, 12:47:49 PM): So no one who pre-ordered has actually received it yet?
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:48:50 PM): Some people may have, being this the 4th week all the orders are being dispatched according to the queue, and yours should be shipped within this week.
Me (9/20/2017, 12:49:22 PM): Ok, I did order the first day it was announced, and paid extra for overnight shipping. I thought I would be one of the first ones that would have the order shipped out.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:50:30 PM): I'm unaware of the amount of people who might have ordered the launch day, and your order does have Overnight shipping, so as soon as it ships, it should be one day or so for it to be delivered.
Alex (9/20/2017, 12:52:15 PM): Also, being really honest, I personally haven't seen any order that has already shipped. So I would root that yours is one of the first ones to be shipped, and with the overnight shipping, one of the first ones to receive it.
Me (9/20/2017, 12:52:30 PM): ok. thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A writer reviewer for Barron's wrote a review that she is disappointed with the watch
because she wants to take it off and leave it on her night table as a back up. She wants a watch with an  an audible alarm to wake her up as a back up
watch if her alarm clock doesn't go off. She misses the point. Who would forgo the sleep monitoring feature because they don't have two alarm clocks?

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer

I placed my Ionic pre-order on August 30.  A Fitbit Customer Service Rep looked up my order and told me today that mine should arrive no later than September 28.  Looks like Fitbit is getting devices in the supply chain pipeline, and that we should all be receiving our devices soon.

Fitbit Ultra (2012-2016, R.I.P.), Garmin ForeRunner 620 (2016-2017), Fitbit Ionic (2017-2021, RIP) || Samsung Galaxy S10 w/Android 10.0, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
0 Votes
Smyrna you in USA or uk?? I ordered mine on 30th too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I were you I would use the credit. I know it is exciting but you will
live a few more days without it. My guess is Amazon probably will not
release until October 1.

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smyrna, TN USA

Fitbit Ultra (2012-2016, R.I.P.), Garmin ForeRunner 620 (2016-2017), Fitbit Ionic (2017-2021, RIP) || Samsung Galaxy S10 w/Android 10.0, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanSer wrote:
I received mine. Pre Ordered the first day

I also pre-ordered on the morning of 8/28, and I haven't received a shipping notification yet, nor has my card been charged. 😞 Seems like you got lucky. The anticipation is killing me!

Best Answer

@mlindgren wrote:

@DanSer wrote:
I received mine. Pre Ordered the first day

I also pre-ordered on the morning of 8/28, and I haven't received a shipping notification yet, nor has my card been charged. 😞 Seems like you got lucky. The anticipation is killing me!

I was 8/29 and called today to verify what the chat assistant said yesterday.... Because my order still says "received".  The phone assistant said I am on track to ship this week or Monday with no issues.  

I hate reading that someone who ordered on 9/13 has gotten a ship notification email while my order 15 days earlier is still silent. 

Best Answer
Join the club, very frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo and @carlriley8, maybe they alphabetized the list or put it in zip code order, or maybe even used a Fitbit proprietary Fuzzy-Logic algorithm to prioritize the shipment schedule.  Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate reading that someone who ordered on 9/13 has gotten a ship notification email while my order 15 days earlier is still silent. 

I don't think the email above is a shipment confirmation, just a "still on track" update - and it's not from fitbit.com but from "Very", so they probably just have a different update process - doesn't mean it's going to ship first (though I share your frustration about not having any update from fitbit...)

Best Answer

Fitbit have confirmed US shipping starts next week, and we see this trend with everyone else’s queries with Fitbit, so it’s a little weird the previous poster has theirs delivered  so soon and also before the shipping in the US starts.

As for the UK only thing certain is the 30th via Very or Argos /Amazon on the 2nd.

ive cancelled my Fitbit preorder from the 29th and ordered with Very so at least I now know when I get mine 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dicks Sporting Goods website now says "PRE-ORDER: Buy now for shipping by 10/01/2017".  It didnt yesterday.

Amazon.com is still non-commital.   So frustrating.

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kristin_fardy wrote:

I don't think the email above is a shipment confirmation, just a "still on track" update - and it's not from fitbit.com but from "Very", so they probably just have a different update process - doesn't mean it's going to ship first (though I share your frustration about not having any update from fitbit...)

Not sure.... But it still is not good to see that they are getting the "on track" before me when I ordered 15 days prior.  As long as they all ship the same day I am fine......but that does not look right either since DanSer has it in hand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's from a different company entirely (a British online company), it doesn't sound like you are quite getting that.  It's not from fitbit.  We don't know that Very knows exactly when they are getting them, they are just telling their own customers they think it's still on track, but it doesn't seem like they would know for sure.  Fitbit is telling everyone who checks with them it's coming next week.

I haven't seen anything verifiable that these have gone out or that anyone has gotten shipping notifications from fitbit yet.  We don't even know who Dan is and how he came to get his (connected? works for fitbit?) We haven't even seen a pic posted.

Fitbit is still on track to ship exactly when they said and it sounds like from what everyone is hearing, it's still true.  I'm not sure why people are frustrated at this point.  I don't think there is a pre-shipping "processing" status when ordering through fitbit, when it ships your status will change.

Best Answer

Ugh, it gave me errors when submitting and now a duplicate, ignore this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CopperWolf808 wrote:

@ErickFitbit wrote on this thread All About Fitbit Ionic

When will Ionic begin shipping to customers and retailers?

Ionic is scheduled to begin shipping in September 2017 in the US and Canada.

When will Ionic be available internationally?

Fitbit Ionic will be available in some international regions in October, and around the world in 2018.

So it should be soon.

I wrote this earlier in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@minigno wrote:

I don't think there is a pre-shipping "processing" status when ordering through fitbit, when it ships your status will change.

According to fitbit chat help there is a status change to "processing".  The phone help today told me the same.  He said, on his end, my order is showing as "open". But he said that means they did check the credit card that I paid with and everything is okay.

Not sure how that last part works since the money has not been taken out yet.  But there is a difference in the order status. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got done chatting with Customer Support and he said that the most updated information indicated that it is estimated to arrive within 1 week and could be getting it earlier than the estimated time frame.

Best Answer

It says you have to use Windows 10 to download music.  How did you download music?  Are there more than 1 way?   I have a windows 10 laptop, just curious how you did it.

Best Answer
0 Votes