Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

@Dan Ser

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner it requires Windows 10 and you sync through wifi to your Ionic.

Best Answer

In Melbourne Australia.... So it looks like World release...on a similar time frame

ionic.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

In Melbourne Australia.... So it looks like World release...on a similar time frame

ionic.jpg

Wow, April 10, 2017..... That is an early release date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo Yes we are all different Kj's instead of calories, Kmh instead of mph and our dates reversed.. Great to read with humour.. Thanks for reading.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

That is crap 😞 I pre ordered mine on 8/31 n it is not being shipped or money taken out for the product. I'm so Lost:(

@Rig wrote:

Received an email today 

Dear Rachel,

You’ll be pleased to hear that the below item you ordered on 13/09/2017 is right on track for its original delivery date of 30/09/2017.

Item No: LY4N9
Description: Ionic Blue-Gray/White

Don’t worry, if there are any changes we’ll let you know straight away, and don’t forget, you can also keep an eye on where your order is up to 24/7 in My Account 

Thanks for shopping with Very.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more time:

Very is a British online company, they are not fitbit.  This email seems like reassuring their customer that they've heard nothing different to think the expected date is different than advertised on their site when this customer ordered.

Fitbit does not "take" your money until the product ships.  Also, if you us PayPal with their guarantee, they will not charge your card until the transaction is complete and the product is received.  Fitbit states that they are shipping next week by latest.  If we are lucky before then.  

Is anyone's order actually even technically late yet?  Why do people keep thinking they should have shipping notifications by now?  Because one online guy who has provided little info an no pictures has said he has received his?  Because a 3rd party website company told a customer they have no reason to believe an order will be delayed (after it seems that the customer contacted them)?  Since when do we all start contacting a company's support line about a ship date before it's technically even due?

Best Answer

@minigno wrote:

Is anyone's order actually even technically late yet?  Why do people keep thinking they should have shipping notifications by now? 

Because we're seeing a variety of "release dates" and "no release dates" among the resellers?  Because $300 plus tax makes this a very big ticket item for most of us and we're wondering if we've ordered through the best route and why 3-4 weeks suddenly became "within the next week" for the next-in-line customer when others ordered at the end of August.  Those are just a few reasons off the top of my head.

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

DanSer.

Your story is suspect, simply because folks have requested pictures and you have not provided them, even though you know that it would really help the community. Could you please provide pictures? Without a willingness to help us have confidence of delivery, your original claim has no value.

Pictures on the other hand, would be wonderful.

Best Answer

No, they ALL became within 1 week.  It was 3-4 weeks in late August, it changed to 2-3 weeks a few days after that (when I ordered on 9/1), and fitbit support seems to be telling people they ALL start shipping LATEST early next week, which is about right on time from what they first said.  This isn't about prioritizing who got in line first.  They are shipping all preorders out once they are available.

And you're worried by which channel they arrive fastest? Well it sounds like preorder, as promised.  And by the regions announced (US late September, others early October).  And if you went retail channels, it sounds like the first week of October.  Does it really make that big a difference if you get it early/mid/late next week as opposed to early/mid the following week?  What makes it the best  channel? I just don't understand.  Is it a "I have it before you do nya-nya" type of thing?

Best Answer

I was just sharing the information I had been provided from the company I had placed an order with. They will be at mercy to fitbit providing them with stock so I would imagine it will all be a matter of a few days when the first people receive to fufill all the preorders 

I wouldn't be surprised if I receive another email closer to the date altering the date to October.

Wow I know it's a desirable product but god forbid the person that orders it 00:01 On pre order date gets it before the person that orders at 00:05 

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer

@RigSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Surprised Love your Fitbit profile photo... Looks like you have just received your Ionic earlier.. Smiley Happy

I'm sensing pent up buyer anxiety.. Great, because in my 6 years with Fitbit products I don't think I have seen/felt this type of expectation... We are now moving out of the Pedometer league, and next year if I can go for a walk without my wallet, and buy some refreshments at the touch of my new Ionic I will be wrapped...

Best Answer

@Colinm39 Thanks I think I always look like that hahahaha.

I am excited to receive it also, I just didn't realise I would upset people 😞  . I am sure will be a matter of a day or 2 between the deliveries. I feel like I am in a competition hahaha

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m excited that people that preordered it are receiving them, means mines on its way, I just want it before it’s in the shops and not wait when I could buy it then, defeats the preorder process!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So in summary (copperwolf808 post was spot on):

US Fitbit preorders start to ship next week.

US Fitbit web site now says new orders ship with in a week.

UK Fitbit customer support say orders to UK are still 3-4 weeks as way, and that the within a week is US only (see my previous post).

UK retailer amazon delivers on Monday 2nd Oct if prime.

UK retailer Argos delivers on Monday 2nd Oct

UK retailer Very delivers on Sat 30th Sept (who my order is with also - this date is on website and order confirmation, and I phoned them to double check!)

so basically preorders from fitbit for US start to ship next week, retail partners and rest of world start from 2nd Oct onwards.

Best Answer

Am I one of the only ones not going crazy over release date? In my mind it was always going to be October anyway. If it comes sooner, great, if not I'll just wait. At the end of the day it's just a watch. We've waited this long so what's a few extra days?

Fitbit have been deliberately vague with their expected ship date, probably to avoid disappointment if it does ship a bit later then expected. The product clearly wasn't ready or was still in the early days of production when they announced it, but I guess they wanted to at least announce it before the AW3 reveal.

Bottom line, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@carlriley8 wrote:
I’m excited that people that preordered it are receiving them, means mines on its way, I just want it before it’s in the shops and not wait when I could buy it then, defeats the preorder process!!

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly, all pre-order does is ensure you get yours if there happens to be an inventory shortage due to demand. If they have more inventory than pre-orders, they go on sale every where.

Best Answer

That's not always the case. I preordered an iphone last year and I had to wait a few weeks, even though I could have just went to Verizon and picked one up if I was there first. Sometimes preordering doesn't work out so well. But then again, that was an iphone, this is a fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im excited about the ionic, but I just dont get the anxiety of over its release date or who might get it a day earlier than someone else. I pre-ordered weeks ago with the understanding at the time that it would be out in October. It's still September. Last year when the Blaze came out there were people angsting the same way. People were wondering if they would get it first if they ordered from Fitbit or if they ordered from Amazon, canceling orders at one site and ordering at the other if they thought there was a chance they'd get it a day sooner (My Amazon order arrived on the same exact day as people received their order from Fitbit btw). My Surge still works (I hated the Blaze and gave it to a friend and went back to wearing the Surge), I'm still tracking my steps, monitoring my heart rate, tracking my sleep, logging and mapping hikes and runs with builtin GPS. Is getting the Ionic a day earlier or later really going to change my life or anyone else's that much?

I stick to my statement that pre-order is an inventory management method for manufacturer and distributors to gauge demand and production and delivery logistics, not a guarantee you'll get it before its in the stores.

Best Answer

Can't wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes