Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having serious issues with Ionic.  I feel short changed by the advertising and have emailed UK trading standards on both issues.

1- I cannot upload any music to the watch and the Pandora system only works in USA.  Pathetic for a world wide product. No matter how much I have tried not a single song can be uploaded to the watch.

2- Fitpay does only recognize US and AUS banks and not UK or any other nations.  This was failed to be mentioned when advertising the product.  

Overall,  Fitbit have been advertising something and only if you are in the US will all the functions work.  This is a shame as I waited for the NFC payment Fitbit to come out for the best part of this year and i cannot use it to its advertising capacity.  I should have just gone for a Samsung or equivalent as at least you know what you are getting with them and they work as it states on all advertisement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, this really needs to be removed from the UK website or a disclaimer needs to be added.

IMG_20171005_130816_870.JPG

I knew this wouldn't be ready for the UK at launch, but many other people will only see what's on the product page. No mention of UK coming soon. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Even the UK will get the NFC payments soon I would guess. I've also pre-ordered the Ionic and it only became clear a few days ago that the NFC payments only work with specific banks in specific countries. In countries different than US and UK (ie. I'm in Bulgaria) the NFC payments will (most probably) never work. Which is not stated on the website, the product description or whatever at all. Apple for instance always puts an asterisk next to things that won't work in all cases and specifically explains in which cases this statement will be valid. 

Best Answer