Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing an extended warranty for the Ionic vs warranty on Amazon

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on Fitbit or Amazon? I am wondering if they are worth the money. Fitbit's warranty is more expensive. Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've used them before, worth the money. And when I had to file a claim, it was no problems.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

How more expensive is it?

Personally would go for the warranty of fitbit cause it's their product. In case needing to claim warranty, it be easier to have the extended warranty from fitbit, if needing to contact the fitbit support team. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

If i remember correctly from when i pre-ordered my Ionic, Fitbit's warranty is just a SquareTrade warranty which is what Amazon is usually selling as well. I just bought my warranty directly from SquareTrade (which i also use for all my iPhone warranties) and it was cheaper than both Fitbit and Amazon.

Best Answer

I know when I purchased my Surge from Walmart I went with the 24 month extended warranty for $28 and have sent back 2 of them with no issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used them before, worth the money. And when I had to file a claim, it was no problems.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks, everyone. I ended up purchasing my Ionic, and the warranty, from Amazon. I hope I never have to use it!

Best Answer

Hope it arrives soon. Have Fun Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased an Assurion extended warranty with my Ionic on Oct. 27, 2017 from AMAZON, which extends the warranty to 3 years for $34.94. Oct. 10, 2019 the Ionic was "repaired" with a motherboard replacement due to intermittent GPS failures. On May 31, I wore the Ionic into my pool for the first time after the repair, and the Ionic "died". It turned off, and could not be restarted. I sent it back for repair, along with a note about the bluetooth connection to headphones dropping unless the face of the watch pointed at the headphones. The report was no repair possible, and I was refunded my original purchase price. On my newly purchased Ionic, I won't get an extended warranty - it's a waste of money. I'm assuming that in the Oct. 2019 repair, the waterproof seal was not maintained. (The Ionic is waterproof to 50 meters.)

Best Answer
0 Votes