Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!
Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
I just recieved this email from fitbit in response to my request for
assistance with the clock error issue, I pass on any advice I get from
them.

Sorry your having a problem! From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic
problem. I know Fitbit is working to fix this quickly and we’ll get past
this. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

If the clock error isn't solved tomorrow, I'm returning my Ionic back to the store....

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. Have tried uninstalling the app, turning bluetooth on and off, restarting the phone, restarting the Ionic, removing the Ionic from the phone and re-syncing it to the phone and nothing has worked thus far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you can see by the newest messages here, if you update your Ionic (you are asked to do this during setup), either the mobile app or watch version (not sure, doesn't matter), you'll get stuck.

I (we) are unable to use the watch because it gives a Clock Error and therefore offers No functionality besides tracking (that still works) and the mobile app is unable to display any app or clock face to change too.

Only solution now seems to wait for a mobile app update that fixes this error. 

Best Answer

The myapps section of the Fitbit app also seems to be affected. Unable to see current apps to customize them.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I think Fitbit have a problem at the moment with the clock and apps stores, looking at the messages in the Versa and Ionic Forums no one can access either clock or apps store myself included. Fitbit were aware of the problem and are working to address the problem. 

My guess is a lot of new Versa users putting a load on the servers.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! If you guys have 39 apps on Ionic and try to install more, the gallery won't display an error message that you have reached the limit. How many apps you currently have installed on Ionic? If it is 39, please note that Ionic can only hold up to 39 apps at a time.

On the other hand, in regards to the clock faces, to update the clock face on Ionic, you cannot have more than 38 apps installed. 

Additionally of what you've tried, I'd recommend the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOSAndroid)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Try changing your clock face

If after following those steps you keep having issues updating the clock face, I'd recommend setting up your tracker as a new device. Therefore, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and remove the tracker from the Bluetooth settings (please don't do this on the Fitbit app, it may be a chance you cannot pair the tracker again if you remove it from the app, so let's do this only on the mobile phone).

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I have seen that this is a rampant issue and Fitbit is working to correct it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the app (or dashboard, whichever is preferable) go to the Activity tile that you found and click it/tap it.  That should list all your activity that you've done all day.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,

I found that exact list of steps elsewhere and tried it, with no luck unfortunately. I also mentioned that I just got my Ionic so it is still in factory condition. Followed the instructions on the app for the first time setup which included the watch OS update. Once done, immediately the Clock Error and no way of selecting either a different one or a different app, the mobile app just hangs (can't switch from 'my apps' to 'all apps' and the same with watch faces).

Hope others have more luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same problem...:( 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already followed these steps several times. Still displaying clock error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased my ionic last week. Set up last night. Same exact problem. List of steps by @MarreFitbit were unsuccessful. I have no apps installed on the ionic. In addition to the clock faces not loading, no apps show up when I try to view the "All Apps" tab in the fitbit app (it times out) and the same with the media portion of the app ( I get a "There was a problem communicating with the Fitbit server. Please try again").

It seems to be tracking my steps and heartrate, but without being able to see any of the metrics, which was a big bummer this morning on the run. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say to start setup as a new device or as if the device is being switched??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all these steps. Still no good.

Surge Blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

same same. Not working and have the same clock face error after the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sim1ols1@Annaej@andrewd2219,

Sorry your having a problem!  From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem.  I know Fitbit is working to fix this quickly and we’ll get past this. Thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is going on with fitbit. Very poor support, Cannot load apps or clock faces on app. seems happening to everyone and fitbit has no idea how to resolve

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to consider myself knowledgeable with electronic and tech devices. I have to say, however, this has me frustrated beyond belief.

I've searched the forums here for a solution to this issue and while they seemed to work for others, nothing has worked for me.

A little history:

A few days ago, I downloaded and installed a weather watch face for my Ionic from within the Fitbit app. Worked great! Today, however, I get a message on my Ionic saying that I need to go to a website to pay for it's continued use. Alright fine. I may consider purchasing it. In the meantime, I'll go back to the default. Well, ALL watchfaces are gone! My watchface section is completely blank.

I factory reset the Ionic and remove it from my Fitbit app. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and unpaired it from my phone. After reinstalling it, I re-add the Ionic ... So far so good... And then update fails (yes, I'm on reliable wifi, etc). Now I'm stuck with an error message on my Ionic that reads "Clock Error go to the Fitbit mobile app and try another clock" But guess what... NO CLOCKFACES! And what's worse, I can't swipe to factory reset again. Can't swipe any way except down to see the notifications. 

Someone from FitBit PLEASE get back to me with a resolution to this disaster! I can't even upload any of the screenshots I took because this system doesn't allow uploads. It wants a link. I've already spent 2 hours trying to fix this. Please... Tech support... 

Thank you

-Ridiculously Frustrated

Best Answer

The list of recommendations did nothing to solve the issue with the clock face gallery.  I suspect everyone here has tried the “Microsoft” cycle the power approach to the issue before turning to the community for answers.  Please advise when Fitbit is going to fix the issue.  My ionic is useless at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes