Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!
Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
How is it not an Ionic problem if my Ionic screen is frozen with the words CLOCK ERROR and no pressing of buttons gets it to change?
The Ionic cannot be shutdown or reset itself.
The battery will run down in 5 days. Great. I will have returned it for full refund by then.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

For the record, the watchface I installed is called "Big Weather". I'll say, however, if this is what happens whenever you install a watchface, it's going to cause a host of problems that FitBit OS devs aren't going to be happy with. Including, but not limited to users generating lots of hate. 

Best Answer

@Falconry wrote:
How is it not an Ionic problem if my Ionic screen is frozen with the words CLOCK ERROR and no pressing of buttons gets it to change?
The Ionic cannot be shutdown or reset itself.
The battery will run down in 5 days. Great. I will have returned it for full refund by then.

Sent from my iPhone

Unfortunately, as you know, you need to access the Fitbit App Clock Screen Section to resolve your problem.  That is where the problem is (IMO), which Fitbit is aware of and working to resolve.  Not much help, but hope it helps none the less.  Thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sent us an Ionic for gear review and we're now also currently stuck with the clock error message.

We just finished the setup-update-then go the error. We haven't used any of the watch's functions yet or anything. Reinstalled the app, logged out, etc still nothing is showing.

Also cannot reboot the watch as well as nothing is working. 

A big yikes because this watch has a pretty **ahem** long battery time. 

Sad this is, we'll have to write about this one. 

Best Answer
Thank you.

I phoned them and they said “we’re working on it and will have an update on the fix in 3 hours”. They were clear there is nothing wrong with the Fitbit Ionic device but at their server end

As a techie I am dubious of their explanation but will give them 3-4 hours.
Best Answer

Clock app not working again on my ionic...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here - brand new ionic only a week old. Will be taking it back for a refund if fotbit dont fix tomorrow....

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem which i assume that since everyone else is having them it's a FitBit issue from the web side of things.

Best Answer

I have the same issue plus my apps and all apps are not displaying either, this just happened this morning 

Robin James Short
Best Answer

I cant get mine to update. Then when i did it froze on the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not very user friendly.  Add mine to the list.  Worked until the update.  UodaUp took three tries and now I have a useless brick.  It says clock error, chanhe clock but the clock options don't show any for my now undefined device.  I have uninstalled the app and removed my device.  It says it sees the ionic and gives the four digit number to sinc but still no clock and undefined device.  Good thing I still have my Samsung watch.  I expect we need to update again but the device thinks it's up to date so we cantc.

Best Answer

From what I have seen it is the fitbit app that is the issue and not the ionic watch itself.   There has been a lot of conversation about this issue.   My clockface is fine when I go into the app to look at the clock face gallery it is not showing up, Fitbit is aware and they said it should be fixed 2-3 hours.

Best Answer

Same here.  We need support if you expect us to use your product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ariel: Hi Shawn, My name is Ariel. How can I help you?

Me: I am unable to see any apps or clock faces on my app for my android phone

Ariel: Oh thank you for contacting us about this Shawn.

Ariel: Our engineering team is aware of the problem and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Ariel: We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and we'll appreciate your patience.

Me: I was in the chat area and many people are complaining about the same issue maybe someone should moderate the rooms and let everyone know

Me: or put out a press release.

Ariel: Yes Shawn we're now coordinating to our help site and community team to add a banner letting our customers about this issue.

Ariel: I appreciate your suggestion Shawn.

Best Answer

Hi I just bought a new Ionic.

But i cannot load a clock face on it because the clock face gallery is down.

Please get this fixed now!!

This is not cool.

Not so kind regards

Hein

Best Answer

Same problem here.  I have a Note 8, so I'm wondering if this is a Samsung security patch issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning @Txsjaxon,

Welcome and sorry about the problem, however, as you pointed out, Fitbit is aware and working to resolve.  Lets hang in there folks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

UPDATE: Figured out how to factory reset without the app, but still getting clock errors. Are you kidding?! Fitbit... Fix this! This is now a $300 brick! 

Best Answer

Same problem here, also on a Note 8, updated to Oreo. The " My Apps", "All Apps", "My clock", and "All Clocks" screens are all blank in my Fitbit app. Also, the message under "My Clocks" reads "Visit the Clocks gallery to pick a Clock for your undefined", which seems odd. Pairing it in classic mode doesn't help.

Best Answer

Restart didn't work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes