Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

What I am really finding annoying is not so much the Ionic asking for Calibration every day, its the fact that its stopped working. It doesn't record the correct steps (every day I walk over 10,000) I record only 100 or so. The heart rate sensors don't work. 

Basically this update has broken the ionic.

Best Answer

I agree. They can't tell me it doesn't affect performance.  I woke up this morning with 4000+ steps. Never happened before the "update". GMAB

Best Answer

Something I observed that may help in pinpointing the issue.

My calibration requests come exactly at 8 pm local time everyday.  I live in Hong Kong, so time zone wise it is GMT +8.  

Is it a pure coincidence why these messages are triggered at the same time everyday?  And 8pm in a +8 time zone... So does the message appear at 7pm for folks in GMT+7?  Or exactly at noon for people say in the UK where it is GMT+0?

Best Answer
I'm in Alberta mine posts around 7:30 8:00 pm 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there seemebreakthis,

After you mentioned it, I just pay attention on the calibration error popping time. 

I live in Sydney GMT +10 though it was exactly 8pm here when the calibration error message popped up.

Fitbit, not sure if this information would help your diagnosis.  Thanks seemebreakthis for sharing. 

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to say it but Matt wrote the key phrase already showing Fitbits dedication to this problem. They have a planned solution but it will not be rolled out until a planned update is released. They will not just roll out an update to fix this one issue.

@MattFitbitwrote:

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update.

Best Answer
I am returning mine. Totally crazy response. Can you believe it?
I had one other friend who had to replace another model: 14 times! My
gosh: 14 times!
Very poor customer service!
Best Answer
Is this “future update “ the one scheduled for May 2018?? It won’t be fixed until then??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The factory reset doesn't work to help calibrate. Now my phone cant connect to watch. I'm not happy with this. 

Best Answer

"We know how to fix this, but we're not going to for another month." "Just ignore it." Great work Fitbit!

Best Answer

I now have the sync issue that seems to have aggravated worse than before. Will only sync and update daily, and completely miscounted my steps from yesterday. I effectively now have a very expensive piece of wrist junk. Can someone from customer service please contact me regarding my issue?

Best Answer

Any news to report on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is strange but after i got the first calibration message and didn't do it (since it wouldn't start it because it wasn't plugged in the charger), i haven't got another notification at all. It's been a week and haven't seen one.

this is a replacement unit, updated itself to latest FW upon start/initial setup, got one calibration message and that's it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reimbursement 

Revere  upgrade  (silliness not useful)

Or exchange 

Please!!!! This is awful.

Best Answer
Are your heart rate, steps etc all accurate?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly I took it off line and fired up my old HR2 until the new fix is pushed out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No, the number of steps and number of times I take 250 steps per hour are no accurate. Also the weekly exercise counter is not accurate. 

Best Answer

Great to hear. Ever since the upgrade my Ionic wont display messages nor update the 'Coach' and I have to log onto my laptap as opposed to using my android app to change my clock face.  G

@MattFitbit wrote:

Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the users with the calibration problem.

Best Answer

Add me to the users with the calibration problem

Best Answer